France 2021: Barbara Pravi - Voilà

OUI ou NON?

• Total voters
Lol in this house I can assure you it's me it constantly willing all wine glasses! :D
:D
I did not want to cause a domestic. :o
(So did)

well yes we are aware of his habit of leaving cups and things lying around
I FEEL YOUR PAIN

The juries are obviously going to go wild for this. I could equally see it getting 18 points or 180 points from the public though

I've done some research (2 minutes on Wikipedia) and it appears Barbara was the songwriter for that awful Valentina's Junior Eurovision entry. Twat status: confirmed.

I think there’s a kind of base level desire from voters to hear something identifiably “Irish” or “Italian” or very recognisably from a particular country. It’s why Grande Amore did so well with the televote and why Spain were so stupid for not riding the Despacito wave.

I can see this doing very well for that reason. It’s SO “French.”

PARIS 2022!!

Can you IMAGINE Babs' face if she wins the whole thing?

giphy.gif

This has Austria 2018/North Macedonia 2019 written all over it results wise.

I think there’s a kind of base level desire from voters to hear something identifiably “Irish” or “Italian” or very recognisably from a particular country. It’s why Grande Amore did so well with the televote and why Spain were so stupid for not riding the Despacito wave.

I can see this doing very well for that reason. It’s SO “French.”
In retrospect, it's probably why Requiem did so well when everyone was convinced it was doomed

This has Austria 2018/North Macedonia 2019 written all over it results wise.

Well if they were to match Austria 2018 it’d be their best result this century, so all in all a good choice then...

Poor BARBARA seems to be getting a degree of HATE online from some Euro-queens. I'm not sure WHY, I personally love this.

@Pingu's post above about it being so typically "French" that it may pick up votes is so on the money for me. It's EXACTLY what I want from a French song at Eurovision, if we are going down this route.

Such a great performance too! Really nice use of camera angles and shadow, and BABS herself sells the shit out of it in the grumpiest, French-est way possible. A huge improvement on whatever beige tat they were planning on sending last year :D

I've just heard this for the first time and I think it's going to win the whole damn thing!*

*probably not but it's SO GOOD and is surely a shoo-in for top 10?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom