Frasier

Yes, definitely one of my favourite TV series ever. I like to dip in and out watching random episodes on All 4, but I'm surprised that one of the big streaming services have never bought up the rights (in the way that Friends getting onto Netflix was seen as a big moment at the time etc).

Probably the best sitcom of all time.

I'LL be the judge of THAT!

Bbc Drinking GIF

It's very good though- I loved it at the time but haven't watched an episode in years and years...

It will always remind me of being younger and my Dad watching it in the morning while having breakfast before going to work. I put it on the other day and was full of fuzzy nostalgia.

Fantastic show and great comfort watching now. I watched two episodes last night after coming home pissed.

I pretty much watch it all the time. It's in the planner memory from 4 every morning, and I'll watch an episode or two, two or three times a week.

Absolutely my favourite sitcom of all time.

“Stop! Please! I’ll give you anything you want! I’ll… I’ll make you a STARRRRRRR!”

The reading of that one just kills me :D

My mum has always refused to watch US sitcoms. She’s never seen an episode of Friends and despises the general format of them. When she retired however, she caught Frasier for the first time, became obsessed and thankfully changed her opinion.

I love it dearly, but I tried to do a marathon once of the whole show and by series 5/6 the CRACKS started to show and episodes started feeling like repetitions of previous plot lines (I think they shamelessly do the whole NOISES OFF! episode twice). I also didn't particularly enjoy Niles and Daphne getting together, but also understand they couldn't just keep repeating the same "he fancies her in secret and she is totally oblivious" situations for evermore.

I think the wisest would have been to go on a high around series 5, but I understand I'm probably in a minority on this!

Saying all that, it's still an INCREDIBLE show, perfectly cast and written. I have appropriated several one-liners for use in COMMON PARLANCE which is a testament to the writing of the show (PREDICTABLY most of them to do with Roz).

I once said to a vertically-challenged friend "You have to be THIS TALL to get on THIS RIDE" and I think the hurt REMAINS to this day.

“Stop! Please! I’ll give you anything you want! I’ll… I’ll make you a STARRRRRRR!”

The reading of that one just kills me :D

This episode is probably my favourite EVER. The monologue she gives about smoking as the ex-smokers around the table writhe in their seats is iconic.

My friend and I have been working our way through the series VERY SLOWLY on Hulu. I’m pleased to say that the drop off in quality is wasn’t QUITE as pronounced as I remember. I think there is a dip around all of the Daphne/Donny stuff but it picks up toward the end. I’ve even found myself chuckling at MRS MOON from time to time against my better judgment.

• Love
Reactions: VoR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom