Frida ft. Headline - Upp och hoppa [Melodifestivalen 2008]

The Cheryl Cole of Sweden

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
I've totally rediscovered this delicate flower from the 2008 finals.

2008 may still be my favourite MF year ever, and while it was ALL ABOUT the schlager divas, this brought a whole different kind of entertainment. The HAIR! The CLOTHES! The NOX!

It's actually a really fun song too, though no classic. I loved her in the semi finals, convinced she'd come 5th and sitting like she was about to face the firing squad, only to collapse into full on snotty blubbering when she went through. Her qualification performance (sadly not online) was SOMETHING ELSE.

And then in the finals she was equally entertaining, clearly 100% aware she wasn't going to trouble the leaderboard and responding by getting ABSOLUTELY MASHED. I love the bit where Kristian Luuk goes to ask her a question and she just sort of grunts salaciously in response, clearly using all of her energies not to pass out at her table.

I have NO IDEA what she's done since this, she certainly hasn't troubled the Swedish charts again.

I just hope poor lovely Headline is OK these days. Oh Headline. :horny:

Last edited:
Ugh, that she went DTG instead of Caracola is still baffling. A big fat ZERO here!

Ps: Her summer hit from 2007 is called "Fuck me yellow and blue" and is about hard sex.

Having a 2008 revival to this right now. I love how she and the beautiful Headline came, delivered this masterpiece of performance art and then both just VANISHED INTO THE ETHER. Clearly much like me submitting Nicki Webster into ASFM, they realised that they had said all they wanted to say artistically and felt no need to deliver any kind of followup. :disco:

Ps: Her summer hit from 2007 is called "Fuck me yellow and blue" and is about hard sex.
:D

:D how could I've missed this?

Some lyrical excerpts:

Just a little story
decide for yourself if you think it's true

It's four o'clock, perhaps it's time to leave
Someone's standing by my side, yes, I don't know who
And yes, I thought, 'Oh well, you'll do'

Come along, because I need some warmth.
and I'll get what I'm asking for ...
punch me yellow, punch me blue.
He stands by my side,
no beauty but I just need someone to warm my bed
Play Doctor, shall we?
You take the temp, and I've got three holes...

Punch me yellow, punch me blue
When done I want to look like the Swedish flag
mauled, wonderful
punch me yellow and blue
I want you to come again and again and again and again...

Oh, shit,
it's eight o'clock,
get up, away from my sight

Even if I was drunk,
I would never have slept with that
this can't be true ...
but why does it feel like I was banged by an elephant?

Oh, yes! It's five o'clock!
And of course I'm in pain since yesterday,
perhaps I'll go with a girl tonight?
Uh, I take what I get,
because I need some heat

Punch me yellow and punch me blue
Punch me yellow and blue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom