funky does Kylie: "DISCO" (2020)

Funky

User
They asked. They speculated. They worried. They yawned. But it's finally here. No more rumours, no more lies, no more waiting in vain.

Mopsy Inc., in association with "Diddy Does..." (TM; all rights reserved) presents a FUCKY production:

My project.png

There will be tears. There will be mockery. There will be homosexual shouting. But above all else, there will be funky being forced to listen to a lot of Stock, Aitken & Waterman. In 2022.

Coming. Soon.

I'm already getting SCHITTS CREEK vibes about having to listen to the debut album again. Spoiler: SEASON ONE AIN'T THAT GREAT.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised - I haven't listened to it since I was 11 when I had it on vinyl. And even then I think I only listened to the singles.

I'm already getting SCHITTS CREEK vibes about having to listen to the debut album again. Spoiler: SEASON ONE AIN'T THAT GREAT.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised - I haven't listened to it since I was 11 when I had it on vinyl. And even then I think I only listened to the singles.

Calling off the lawyers, thanks for the disclaimer beb

Yeah without the nostalgia, the first 3 albums are just ok, I mean luckily I had that. I think Let’s get to it was my hardest one - a shame because I’m deep into 90s dance, but I mean that was still 10 years ago

There’s great stuff on every album, even if several albums are not great. If that helps

Calling off the lawyers, thanks for the disclaimer beb

Yeah without the nostalgia, the first 3 albums are just ok, I mean luckily I had that. I think Let’s get to it was my hardest one - a shame because I’m deep into 90s dance, but I mean that was still 10 years ago

There’s great stuff on every album, even if several albums are not great. If that helps

The great thing about this is that there aren't many Kylie albums I've ever fully invested in beyond knowing the singles. I think Body Language and X are the only ones I've paid any real attention to, and I can't even remember them that well.

I'm just hoping for hidden gems to POP OUT every now and again (and will probably be the ones nobody else likes)

The great thing about this is that there aren't many Kylie albums I've ever fully invested in beyond knowing the singles. I think Body Language and X are the only ones I've paid any real attention to, and I can't even remember them that well.

I'm just hoping for hidden gems to POP OUT every now and again (and will probably be the ones nobody else likes)

That’s part of the adventure, finding some hidden gems and excitedly telling moopy about them, finding then that the fans will NOT in fact be co-signing and you’re a stupid idiot with no taste

Are you taking REQUESTS? If so, opinions on this CURIO!

NAMASTE: Let the light within me salute the light that is within you

Is it on an ALBUM?

I’ll be doing all the albums in chronological order. I suppose I could take requests for a bit of b-side interlude madness

What a rabbit hole this is going to be

Is it on an ALBUM?

I’ll be doing all the albums in chronological order. I suppose I could take requests for a bit of b-side interlude madness

What a rabbit hole this is going to be
This is on Hits+, I believe, a sort of compilation of singles and rarities from the Deconstruction era. It may also be on some editions of Impossible Princess. But she’s given us riches of b-sides/non album tracks pretty much every era, so may make sense to do interlude segments of the key ones every few albums.

Imma need someone to tell me what’s the original albums and which are the add ons, Spotify these days is more about expanded albums than originals, and I’ll never know which is which with Kylie. I wish they labelled the bonus tracks. Sometimes you can tell but usually you can’t!

Imma need someone to tell me what’s the original albums and which are the add ons, Spotify these days is more about expanded albums than originals, and I’ll never know which is which with Kylie. I wish they labelled the bonus tracks. Sometimes you can tell but usually you can’t!
Wikipedia is a pretty good resource for this

For your own pleasure: X is a six track EP. everything after “The One” is a bonus track

See I do remember liking a song on that album about the rain and I’m pretty sure it was in the second half!

I’m going to be the ultimate contrary listener aren’t I?

I can’t wait.

No More Rain is just ok for me. It’s not as dire as “I wrote a song called Cosmic” but I was preparing myself for Decon era ballads after the initial reviews which probably worsened the blow.

You NEED a Kylie b-sides collection because a lot of it is TOP DRAWER STUFF.
Yeah any Listétte without the likes of

TightROPE
Love Takes Over Me
MADE of Glass
Take Me With You
Ocean Blue
Paper Dolls
Rendezvous at Sunset
Made In Heaven
Paper Dolls
Slo-Motion
Cover Me With Kisses
Tears
Bury Me Deep In Love
The Real Thing :D
BPM
Lose Control

etc. etc.

is NULL AND VOID.

And I don't mean they need to be in the Top Fifty but they need to be heard.

Right so, here we go, wish me luck :o

05 I Should Be So Lucky
02 The Loco-Motion
05 Je Ne Sais Pas Pourqoui
06 It's No Secret
04 Got To Be Certain
02 Turn It Into Love
02 I Miss You
04 I'll Still Be Loving You
09 Look My Way :o
03 Love At First Sight

Any keepers for my Kylie Playlist? "Look My Way"

Current Overall Top Ten:

1. Look My Way
2. It's No Secret
3. Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi
4. I Should Be So Lucky
5. I'll Still Be Loving You
6. Got To Be Certain
7. Love At First Sight
8. Turn It Into Love
9. I Miss You
10. The Loco-Motion

Last edited:
05 I Should Be So Lucky - this is one of those songs that makes me question whether I should be rating personally or objectively. Because personally I would never choose to listen to this song, but you can't deny it's a pop anthem. I'll show some respect for that. It's certainly better than most of the SAW megahits. I remember liking this a lot as a kid but mostly because I was caught up in the hype. She was the Spice Girls of the late 80s.

02 The Loco-Motion - this takes me back. It's easy for a song to take you back when you don't ever listen to it or hear it much; it's very much stuck in 1988. I think this must have helped her from being a flash in the pan because two global megahits are better than one and it would have helped sustain the success of the first album. I guess the novelty here would have been that it's a classic 60s bop given the tinny electro 80s makeover and I bet this pissed a lot of older people off. 30 years on I really don't see the point in this song and it hasn't aged well at all.

05 Je Ne Sais Pas Pourqoui - God I haven't heard this in YEARS :D this is not as bad a I expected it to be. The production is less basic than the previous two and her voice sounds strong. It's more what I'd expect from a second album song. It has more of an evolution of sound, a classic late 80s sound than her other full on SAW singles.

Do you know which non-single is the most loved? I don’t want to say unless you don’t

06 It's No Secret - I don't think this was a single but I actually remember this. Probably because it was on the first side of the vinyl album which I'm sure I rinsed a lot as a ten year old. This isn't bad! Has a very uplifting feel for such a sad song. I think my recent reinvestment for 80s pop has helped elevate this to my fave so far.

04 Got To Be Certain oh THIS :o God I remember this too. The CLAP CLAP CLAP of the chorus, I can remember dancing to this at the school disco. God this is a nostalgia headfuck. I was honestly expecting the production on these to be MUCH worse, although I still wouldn't thank you for it. I don't hate it but we have gone back to basics here.

02 Turn It Into Love - oh this must be the song @RJN is talking about? This sounds like classic camp drama. You can hear Steps singing this. It's all getting a bit samey for me now and this is the sort of SAW melodrama I don't care for. It sounds so interchangeable, like it could be Sonia singing, or Sinitta. Sorry fans if this is a favourite, I don't get it. Saying all that I'm not sure why it wasn't a single, it has all the ingredients.

02 Turn It Into Love - oh this must be the song @RJN is talking about? This sounds like classic camp drama. You can hear Steps singing this. It's all getting a bit samey for me now and this is the sort of SAW melodrama I don't care for. It sounds so interchangeable, like it could be Sonia singing, or Sinitta. Sorry fans if this is a favourite, I don't get it. Saying all that I'm not sure why it wasn't a single, it has all the ingredients.
I didn’t realize I’d have to block @funky today

Hazell Dean's version was a hit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom