funky does Kylie: "DISCO" (2020)

04 Wow - I'm sorry gays I've just never liked this. The chorus really annoys me, the production annoys me and the ubiquity in various cheesy adverts and promos makes it even worse. I'm glad it saved the album campaign or whatever as it's very funforhousewives but I just don't get it.
Weight Watchers ad campaign was the promo :eyes:

All I See was a really big US dance chart hit if I remember. I know EVERYTHING is (hi Madonna!) but it hung around for ages. I can’t remember ever hearing a mix…

All I See was a really big US dance chart hit if I remember. I know EVERYTHING is (hi Madonna!) but it hung around for ages. I can’t remember ever hearing a mix…

Other than the rent a rapper one. And that wasn’t dance.

The

DJ spin that record AGAAAI-HAAAAIIIIIN -----baby doesn't matter what's going' on and who's around US

Bit is the best

Reactions: COB
04 Wow - I'm sorry gays I've just never liked this. The chorus really annoys me, the production annoys me and the ubiquity in various cheesy adverts and promos makes it even worse. I'm glad it saved the album campaign or whatever as it's very funforhousewives but I just don't get it.
I don’t think there anything to get besides it being catchy and what the public expects from Kylie. Personally, I love it

05 Nu-di-ty - To think for all these years I thought Madonna was trying to do a Nelly Furtado album on Hard Candy and actually all she did was listen to this album :o There's something here in a novelty sense but generally I just have a hard time with this era of pop. I'm getting Pussycat Dolls vibes from it, sticky floors and the smell of vom in GAY Late bar when you're trying to sneak off but your mates are making you stay for one more dance to Womanizer and all you want to do is go home and put on Massive Attack and have a beer. I think I still have PTSD.

05 Nu-di-ty - To think for all these years I thought Madonna was trying to do a Nelly Furtado album on Hard Candy and actually all she did was listen to this album :o There's something here in a novelty sense but generally I just have a hard time with this era of pop. I'm getting Pussycat Dolls vibes from it, sticky floors and the smell of vom in GAY Late bar when you're trying to sneak off but your mates are making you stay for one more dance to Womanizer and all you want to do is go home and put on Massive Attack and have a beer. I think I still have PTSD.

Seriously? Oh come on, how is this better than Speakerphone and Like a Drug and on a par with In My Arms?

You’re just being ridiculous.

I'm getting Pussycat Dolls vibes from it, sticky floors and the smell of vom in GAY Late bar when you're trying to sneak off but your mates are making you stay for one more dance to Womanizer and all you want to do is go home and put on Massive Attack and have a beer
I fucking hate when that happens

I feel like I've said it quite recently, but I really do think that Nu-Di-Ty was ahead of its time - as a PC Music fan I really do think it was QUITE influential on that sort of sound :D

I feel like I've said it quite recently, but I really do think that Nu-Di-Ty was ahead of its time - as a PC Music fan I really do think it was QUITE influential on that sort of sound :D
This is not the thread but Caroline Polachek posted a picture on her Instagram story with Danny L Harle and I thought of you

• Love
06 Cosmic - A nice enough closer. I have no complaints. Doesn't do much for me but at least it fits the album, is nicely produced and makes sense at the end of the album.

I'm ignoring whatever that Heartbeat Rock remix is at the end. If I don't listen it never happened.

I like speakerphone but it’s not one of my favorites on the album. Not a 5 though

Actually, the X tracklisting should have been THIS:

1. Lose Control
2. Like a Drug
3. In My Arms
4. Speakerphone
5. Wow
6. The One
7. Sensitized
8. No More Rain
9. Magnetic Electric
10.Rippin’ Up The Disco
11.Stars
12.2 Hearts
13.Cosmic

It’s arguably her greatest unreleased moment. I still can’t believe they wasted it.

10/10

My X tracklist:

1. Speakerphone
2. Like A Drug
3. In My Arms
4. Wow
5. The One
6. Lose Control
7. Sensitized
8. Stars
9. No More Rain
10. 2 Hearts
11. Rippin' Up The Disco

Then again, considering this was a team that put Tightrope on a bside and decided the proper version of White Diamond shouldn’t ever see the light of day…

Will Parlophone EVER get around to exploiting her catalogue? There’s loads of free cash RIGHT THERE.

Why did she have to not release so many good songs?? Inexplicable

Then again, considering this was a team that put Tightrope on a bside and decided the proper version of White Diamond shouldn’t ever see the light of day…

Will Parlophone EVER get around to exploiting her catalogue? There’s loads of free cash RIGHT THERE.
A rarities album would be so good and such an easy sell

It's also probably worth mentioning that between Ultimate Kylie and X was the Showgirl tour, which was cut short due to her cancer diagnosis and treatment. She returned with Showgirl Homecoming, which featured this little ditty:

The only studio version of this we got was a piano ballad version of certain editions of X, and the full-on disco tits version not being included on the album is another baffling decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom