Gaming TV shows/podcasts/YouTube stuff

COB

The ⭐ 👹
Oh we are soul sisters, I just watched Ep 1 last night, it’s quite well put together, I guess it might be the same people who did The Toys That Made Us etc? It’s very Netflix Doc
The title is rotted though, did they want to finish the design meeting before lunch? You might as well have called it Power Up :)

btw i love the videos by Jeremy Parrish, a deep dive into the old days of Nintendo gaming, reviewing each game in release order. Sounds awful and ten-a-penny but they are well researched and he’s not a gobby prick <3
The Netflix show is something I haven't checked out yet, but I know what you mean about the title - between that and the generic arcade 8-bit aesthetic I did roll my eyes a bit. I know this sort of stuff is made for a general audience, but still :tongueout:

Jeremy Parish is great! I enjoy his YouTube videos, as well as his podcast Retronauts - though I do have to search for episodes about stuff I'm more interested in, as most of the episodes are quite long and I usually need an existing interest to get through a whole one (though I always appreciate how in depth they go).

I thought this was a good idea for a new topic, as there's a lot of this sort of content out there these days.

Another YouTube channel I enjoy is Gaming Historian, who does nice mini-documentaries (the longest ones are around an hour) on various aspects of the industry and the making of specific games etc.

I am a big fan of Game Makers Toolkit which analyses various elements of Game Design. His mini series on Zelda Dungeons was very good.

Hbomb is wonderful when he dips into games (and in general) - I love his one about Undertale :love:

I'm a big fan of Polygon's video content - it's dropped off a bit in general since the golden age of Car Boys/SEO Play/Griffin's amiibo Corner, but Brian David Gilbert and his Unraveled videos are such a delight. A few favourites:

Do you watch Sega Lord X, COB? I really enjoy the countdown and Saturn Vs DC videos they do. I've probably watched about half of what's there now.

I've seen a few of them, but I should probably dive in properly at some point (being fascinated with Sega's flop era in particular :D)

I ended up watching some Game Apologist videos, nothing special but his fixation on Sonic the Hedgehog content is something. Somehow I watched a 100 minute thing about why Sonic is a good franchise.

I MUST have been doing something else at the same time

I think I need to clear all his videos from my history so it stops giving me more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom