Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Garbage_-_Beautiful_Garbage.png

I've just popped on the deluxe vinyl reissue and feel like I'm rediscovering the whole thing. I can see why it was maligned at the time I suppose, and even a Gar-stan like me at the time felt a bit let down by it but actually it has aged so well.

Let's rate the tracks in a minute.

On a related note the deluxe reissue box is beautiful. Lots of memorabilia, a whole lot of B-sides, lovely artwork etc.

• Love
Reactions: GNL
A good solid album, but about half of it just wasn't what I wanted from Garbage at the time (though I've definitely warmed up to it as a total package since then).

08 Shut Your Mouth
07 Androgyny
10 Can't Cry These Tears
08 Till The Day I Die
11 Cup Of Coffee
08 Silence Is Golden
10 Cherry Lips
10 Breaking Up The Girl
09 Drive You Home
05 Parade
07 Nobody Loves You
09 Untouchable
09 So Like A Rose

A good solid album, but about half of it just wasn't what I wanted from Garbage at the time (though I've definitely warmed up to it as a total package since then).
Yes it's a bit of a hotchpotch I think.

I just think ANDROGYNY was the wrong single choice. Not just because of TERFS and homophobes hating it - it's also just not a great song.

Reactions: COB
I actually think this is their best album. The lyrics on some of the downbeat ones are career-best. Shirl was really going through it.

It's aged much better than I recieved it at the time. I was looking for version 3.0, but this was clearly the first stuff they did beyond the initial Garbage phase which covered the first two albums.

The high's on this are everything - Cherry Lips, Cup of Coffee and the lead single for me :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom