German Elections 2021

Madison

Everything goes up by six
So weird having two kingmakers from different sides of the spectrum who will need to come to the same decision.

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
Come through any green coalition. We don't need anyone charismatic in charge (I mean, it's Germany... what are the chances?); we just need someone competent implementing climate-friendly policies.

Apocalypt Flyer

BON APPETIT
Come through any green coalition. We don't need anyone charismatic in charge (I mean, it's Germany... what are the chances?); we just need someone competent implementing climate-friendly policies.

We don't need charismatic but we don't need BORIS LITE aka Laschet :zombie:

SPD-Green-FDP would probably be my preferred outcome.

Apocalypt Flyer

BON APPETIT
I've realised I know remarkably little about Germany, so just popped on Helene Fischer. I now feel like popping to a beer garden for beer and a bratwurst.

WIR ZIEHEN DURCH DIE STRAßEN UND DIE CLUBS DIESER STADT :disco:

RaspberrySwirl

Leftover
The very idea of the top 2 parties in a coalition is MIND BOGGLING to me.

They’ve been doing it for years though and yet the extremes on both left and right haven’t really increased. Gotta give it to the Germans and their love for stability.

RaspberrySwirl

Leftover
The Green Party in Germany is supposed to be much more polished and market friendly unlike ours so I guess any of Jamaica or traffic light coalitions would be fine for Germany and for Europe.

Kratz

Not easy to remember, and even harder to forget
The very idea of the top 2 parties in a coalition is MIND BOGGLING to me.
Fascinating isn’t it? Like Conservatives and Labour going into power which, short of another world war, isn’t ever going to happen.

Apocalypt Flyer

BON APPETIT
People in the know, are we any closer to a result?

SPD, Greens and FDP continuing talks. Probably will take a while as e.g. Greens and FDP don't see eye to eye on a few topics like economics but all three sound keen to make it work.

CDU (and CSU) already started the internal takedowns and overhaul. Laschet is hanging on by a thread but it'll be a miracle if he survives - Söder has basically buried the Jamaica coalition prospects already, and with that Laschet.

Apocalypt Flyer

BON APPETIT
I'm gonna miss the "no speed limit on motorways" whenever that gets culled in the next four year. I'm 100% in favour of a general speed limit but there's also something nice about rolling down the empty motorway at 160km/h (100mph) :(

Ag

User
"Autobahn crashes" is a guilty Google search of mine.

Those machines are MASHED.

VoR

Take it or leave it
Being in the back of a cab on the autobahn was genuinely one of the most terrifying experiences of my life.

Apocalypt Flyer

BON APPETIT
Being in the back of a cab on the autobahn was genuinely one of the most terrifying experiences of my life.

"I feel perfectly safe in the car with YOU even if I'm sitting where we are usually are driving but the driving of some of the other cars?`INSANE"

Actual quote of a friend of mine from the UK during a roadtrip through Germany.Same goes for my US family. But I think for people from the UK it's probably the added terror of going really fast on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD. :D

Kate

mildly communist
Did anyone manage to get a commemorative teddy

09242021_Angela-Merkel-teddy-bear_143811-780x780.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom