How many knives

• Total voters

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
First cast picture released today with Netflix’ preview

93EB002D-5F5A-4CCE-BF9E-2B14C94AA9EA.jpeg

The cast: Jessica Henwick, Kathryn Hahn, Ethan Hawke, Leslie Odom Jr, Dave Bautista, Kate Hudson, Edward Norton & Janelle Monet.

Coming out in the fall.

Well that’s a low bar :D

I don’t understand why this is being presented as a woohoo good for cinema chains. They should want this popular movie to play for more than a week so they could make money.

this Daniel Craig ad for Belvedere vodka directed by Taika Waititi is getting loads of attention right now

:disco:

Good of Taika to do something different with the Weapon of Choice video, i.e. put himself in it :rolleyes:

This is GOOD. I would heartily recommend. I saw it in the cinema.

It's so nice to see the fabulous Kate Hudson in a good movie for once :disco:

This was much sillier than the first one, which was already pretty silly. Good fun though. Kate Hudson stole the show.

First Rian Johnson film I’ve enjoyed since Looper. I thought this was much better and a hell of a lot more fun than Knives Out.

I should have gone to see this again at the cinema but it’s a very busy time for movies. When I saw it I ended up at the first row of an imax screen and I had to look up for the whole movie.

so has anyone seen this yet? I may give it a go tomorrow afternoon

Good fun. Only one in law fell asleep during it

Kate Hudson - never an actress I've been mad on - was a lot of fun. I have a soft spot for ditzy characters and she played a good airhead.

Do chuid

Kate Hudson is reliving her mother's career and I'm HERE FOR IT.

The rest of the film was mildly entertaining but ABSOLUTE FUCKING COBBLERS and about half an hour too long.

I always feel CHEATED when they pull the

twin card

out of nowhere in a murder mystery.

LOVED IT! The whole thing is definitely COBBLERS but it’s a 9/10 cobblers for me because it tells you the rules and sticks with them. As an ardent murder mystery fan - I have to say this was a very FAIR and balanced use of what can be a very cheap plot device because of how and where it is introduced.

I said at a one point “there is NO WAY it would be that obvious, it’s A Murder Is Announced x The Mirror Crack’d with an Evil Under The Sun setting” so I guess it’s nice to watch something where the director rewards you for sharing the same geeky obsessions and does it playfully.

This isn’t better than Knives Out but it IS fairer and has a totally different tone to it. That’s more of a deductive brain teaser, this one is more of a great ride.

Kate Hudson and Janelle Monae :disco:

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve seen it twice now (once in the cinema, once with parents) and I feel really thick but I still don’t understand the significance of Helen smashing all the glass sculptures? Is there any, or is it just supposed to be a cathartic moment before she blows up the onion with the biomaterial shard?

Watched it again with my mum and she said the same.

This is literally a scene from “The Mirror Crack’d” with a FABULOUS cast including Liz Taylor, Rock Hudson and Angela Lansbury xx

I’ve seen it twice now (once in the cinema, once with parents) and I feel really thick but I still don’t understand the significance of Helen smashing all the glass sculptures? Is there any, or is it just supposed to be a cathartic moment before she blows up the onion with the biomaterial shard?

I literally have no actual idea, but my mind was telling me it is something to do with them being made of whatever that substance is, so by smashing them around when she then causes the leak or whatever and gets it to all explode, it results in a much wider/bigger explosion?

I found this too silly and stupid. Janelle was the only nice thing about it. Kate Hudson and Kathryn Hahn were awful.

I thought this was... not great. the first hour was actively annoying... when the twist came some of the reasons for that did drop into place, I'm not saying it's not a clever film. but clever doesn't always equal enjoyable.

Janelle was great, Kate Hudson was having fun too, but Kathryn Hahn felt miscast and Leslie Odom Jr. was serving the same negative charisma he did in Orient Express. a bunch of one-note stereotypes on an island (none of these guys would ever have been friends 10 years earlier or now) kissing the ass of a buzzwordy tech billionaire they secretly hate is just fundamentally far less interesting than a whodunnit among family members.

sidenote - "please tell me you didn't think a sweatshop... is the place where they make... sweatpants." :disco: I did enjoy all the digs at stupid rich people.

I thought this was... not great. the first hour was actively annoying... when the twist came some of the reasons for that did drop into place, I'm not saying it's not a clever film. but clever doesn't always equal enjoyable.

Janelle was great, Kate Hudson was having fun too, but Kathryn Hahn felt miscast and Leslie Odom Jr. was serving the same negative charisma he did in Orient Express. a bunch of one-note stereotypes on an island (none of these guys would ever have been friends 10 years earlier or now) kissing the ass of a buzzwordy tech billionaire they secretly hate is just fundamentally far less interesting than a whodunnit among family members.

sidenote - "please tell me you didn't think a sweatshop... is the place where they make... sweatpants." :disco: I did enjoy all the digs at stupid rich people.
Agree with most of this. Janelle carried the film on her shoulders but it isn’t half the romp the first one was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom