Glastonbury 2019 final line up

Halli

Helen (Helz) from Saturday Kitchen.
D1rzgebXgAAXDIY.jpg

Was there not a time when Interpol would have been much higher than that on the bill?

Also, I have never knowingly heard Tame Impala.

Nice to see Kamasi Washington and Sons Of Kemet on there - the former could seriously lift a Sunday Afternoon and the latter would be a major trip at 1am in a tent on the Friday.

Is Glastonbury not stupidly HUGE? Someone told me that it is almost impossible to get to all stages over the weekend.

You can tell that Glastonbury is increasingly middle aged, can't you?

Is Glastonbury not stupidly HUGE? Someone told me that it is almost impossible to get to all stages over the weekend.

It's basically a large town that moves in for 5 days or so. About 150,000 people pass through it.

You can tell that Glastonbury is increasingly middle aged, can't you?

That and the 00's has provided thin gruel in terms of potential headliners.

Was there not a time when Interpol would have been much higher than that on the bill?

The billing order on these things is always interesting. Jorja Smith all the way up there (and Two Door Cinema Club at this point to be fair)?

The billing order on these things is always interesting. Jorja Smith all the way up there (and Two Door Cinema Club at this point to be fair)?

Do the latter not have an impressive live following?

I know a side-order of fuck all about Jorja Smith apart from hating how she spells her name which is petty even for me.

Do the latter not have an impressive live following?

I know a side-order of fuck all about Jorja Smith apart from hating how she spells her name which is petty even for me.

Oh they probably do, I was just thinking more of how much they had faded commercially.

Jorja certainly seems to have industry backing anyway

It's HUGE. So much bigger than you see on television.

You could comfortably go for the whole weekend and not see a single stage - there are shops, cinemas, meditation retreats, activities, etc.

Trekking between the stages is quite a CHORE and you can guarantee that there'll be at least ONE clash of acts with similar audiences.

Apart from Liam there's fuck all, where's the proper music gone? as you were MG x

(I could never imagine "doing Glasto" anyway, it's like the Tory party conference these days. Full of posh rich nonces)

John Peel once said that you could go to Glastonbury, not see a single band and have a great time.

There was a great bit of footage of him watching an artist on a small stage at the same time as some massive headliner with a resultingly thin crowd but Peel stood there with a huge smile on his face loving it (it may have been Kanda Bongo Man who was a big Peel favourite).

At this stage in my life I'd much rather do End of the Road or Green Man as festivals go. Even IoW festival is more appealing than Glasto. I'm too old for that sort of thing now :(

My last Glastonbury was a long time ago but I barely saw anyone and it was fucking awesome. It was also free. For us anyway.

all the times I've been to Roskilde Festival, which is our Glastonbury, I always only seen maybe a handful of acts. most of the time was spent in camp lounging in a dilapidated chair doing beer bongs

I think the line-up is dreadful, but then I would.

I did enjoy the one Glasto I went to. I was mostly stoned.

I did do a search before I put this In 'real music'

However its glastobury and I don't need any other reason for Indie to hate me

I know what he means though! It's shit I think for real music fans but I can't wait! :disco:

I want to go before I die and there are enough acts I like there but fuck camping. Fuck it in the arse with a cactus.

in all seriousness the Halli-Panel has noted the following, and this is the TOP 5:

1) What kind of slot are they giving to JANICE? She doesn't know what time of day it is; but do Glasto? She's a headliner but I'm sure she'll be Saturday before the Killers and when everyone is drunk enough to enjoy her miming. I am envisaging a chocolate christine and the queens with the soundtrack of 80's night in Swindon

2) I think Miley Cyrus will have the usual Lily Allen slot and blow everyone out the water This has the POTENTIAL to be the set of the festival in terms of a lot of factors. If Mark Ronson is on board for this set then ,,,

3) Halli must remember to take the Monday off work so the Kylie Ledge slot on sunday can be appreciated and show JANEF from the night before how to sing and dance at the same time is possible

4) Killers - Am I Human? Yea Brandon? You better still be beautiful and better than Adam Levine in the hot white guy stakes

5) Sheryl Crow - Can't wait to watch you but I am fuckin PISSED a legend like you is so low down on the billing

6) Years and Years, Jorja Smirth - I am young enough, yet old enough - what a line up - it is very V-Festival but I I can'twait this summer :D

Last edited:
in all seriousness the Halli-Panel has noted the following, and this is the TOP 5:

1) What kind of slot are they giving to JANICE? She doesn't know what time of day it is; but do Glasto? She's a headliner but I'm sure she'll be Saturday before the Killers and when everyone is drunk enough to enjoy her miming. I am envisaging a chocolate christine and the queens with the soundtrack of 80's night in Swindon

2) I think Miley Cyrus will have the usual Lily Allen slot and blow everyone out the water This has the POTENTIAL to be the set of the festival in terms of a lot of factors. If Mark Ronson is on board for this set then ,,,

3) Halli must remember to take the Monday off work so the Kylie Ledge slot on sunday can be appreciated and show JANEF from the night before how to sing and dance at the same time is possible

4) Killers - Am I Human? Yea Brandon? You better still be beautiful and better than Adam Levine in the hot white guy stakes

5) Sheryl Crow - Can't wait to watch you but I am fuckin PISSED a legend like you is so low down on the billing

6) Years and Years, Jorja Smirth - I am young enough, yet old enough - what a line up - it is very V-Festival but I I can'twait this summer :D

(I haven't got tickets btw) I just love It on tv in the summer, having gone to Mighty Hoopla)

Reactions: SDF
I think the line-up is dreadful, but then I would.

I did enjoy the one Glasto I went to. I was mostly stoned.

versatile as I am I'd like to go to Roadburn, I've heard great things about it. would also like to do Copenhell again this year if it wasn't for the fact that my dad and his biker gang are crashing my apartment and I can't cope

After a 2 year absence I am looking forward to going back and I've learnt there is no point wanking at the lineup because its impossible to see everything and the best things you see are unplanned.

Glastonbury is still the worlds best festival by far, it's just in a different league, it's not even a festival, its a city of performances.

Glastonbury will be forever marred for me by my memories of working on the public counter at the (as was) DSS and having to deal with scores of 'lost giros' by the crusties breaking their journey in Bristol on the way back.

I would actually go to Glastonbury just for Janet. Then I remember I am not trudging around in mud with a field full of inebriated wankers getting in my way.

I’m sure she will be gutted. :)

I'd go so I could throw things at her.

Actually I wouldn't.

do you think she even knows who Stormzy is?

The real shade was her not being at the top to begin with (behind queen Kylie)

I hope no-one was particularly looking forward to seeing Killdren at this year's event. Kylie should perform a cover version of 'Kill Tory Scum' during her set, just to make a point.

It's absolutely pathetic how quickly they caved in over a couple of Tory papers whining. I see they're after Fat White Family too but no cancellation there. As yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom