Glastonbury 2019 final line up

I'm sure Brandon Flowers is slowly morphing into Charles Hawtrey.

D-PeGMpXkAUUQhK.jpg

:D

I can't say I'm a huge Killers fan (even though I own 3 of their albums I think...) but they're pretty good actually..

Brandon Flowers is the Tom Cruise of music. FIT but the weird religion is so off putting.

I can't say I'm a huge Killers fan (even though I own 3 of their albums I think...) but they're pretty good actually..

They headlined TRNSMT last year and I actually thought they were amazing despite only liking Brandon Flowers solo stuff.

The staging was done by William Baker so that’s maybe why :D

He is genuinely one of the more charismatic lead singers of our times. Just a shame that the music isn’t always up to par.

As a band they are hit and miss for me but like monsta, I did appreciate his solo output.

Watching Janet now- “If” still bangs HARD :disco:

(And it was live and I thought quite good. I appreciate we have a long way to go though :D )

In what world is this the “disaster” certain quarters were proclaiming? :D

The worst thing is the sound which is APPALLING! And yes, shows up the bits where she’s miming vs live. Her actual live vocals aren’t THAT bad, I’m surprised to say...

The absolute (amazing) goopery of the highest order of a) doing Throb and then b) miming the spoken bit :D

Although the one, slightly chunky gay who knows (some of) the words they keep cutting to who is giving me LIFE :D

They just came up on my screen about 30 seconds ago and I howled!

Also the black woman with a gap in her teeth so wide you could park a bike in it enjoying Miss You Much :disco:

Who was saying Black Cat was mimed earlier? It isn’t at all, is it? And surprisingly competent too! I thought that (relative, admittedly) power to her voice was long gone...

Ok, so I pretty much loved that. It was flawed- there shouldn’t be miming on a Glastonbury stage, the outfit terrible and ignoring The Velvet Rope and (especially) Together Again was bizarre, but I liked the “Megamix” feel to it, the dancing was ace and her actual live vocals weren’t bad at all.

Ok, so I pretty much loved that. It was flawed- there shouldn’t be miming on a Glastonbury stage, the outfit terrible and ignoring The Velvet Rope and (especially) Together Again was bizarre, but I liked the “Megamix” feel to it, the dancing was ace and her actual live vocals weren’t bad at all.
I’m watching it back now and enjoying it more the second time. The trolling a UK festival audience with non singles from flop albums is very bold, but I love R&B Junkie and Rock With U so that’s fine.

The Guardian, Independent and BBC have all praised Janet's performance.

I switched over about 10/15 minutes in. I may give it another go later. Or at least from Miss You Much onwards.

All written by superfan gays who were there and met her backstage, so I saw on Twitter anyway.

I read them all, and can't remember which one it was, but one was clearly 95% written before she even got on stage.

I’m watching it back now and enjoying it more the second time. The trolling a UK festival audience with non singles from flop albums is very bold, but I love R&B Junkie and Rock With U so that’s fine.

But it wasn’t THAT much. I mean, Sheryl Crow threw in a few “non-hits” in a section and that seemed much longer as it was whole songs.

Janet still is a phenomenal dancer isn’t she

In what world is this the “disaster” certain quarters were proclaiming? :D

I think it was probably mostly due to the fact that it wasn't a setlist for fairweather fans. If she'd just loaded it up with an hour of recognisable hits (not that I think she has enough to do that for the general public), it undoubtedly would get an easier ride because people are less inclined to complain when they've been happily singing/dancing along for an hour.

The reaction Janet got is probably similar to the one Madonna would get - and conversely why Kylie is likely to do VERY WELL. There are a host of other factors for sure, but when you're playing to this sort of crowd, on that sort of stage, you're playing largely to people who don't want much variance from what they already know.

I remember thinking Mary J Blige somewhat misjudged her set last year as well, in terms of missing crowd pleasing UK hits in favour of songs that were presumably bigger in America.

Personally I'm living for this cute cub who they keep cutting to who clearly knows all the words and is getting his absolute life to every song :D

But it wasn’t THAT much. I mean, Sheryl Crow threw in a few “non-hits” in a section and that seemed much longer as it was whole songs.
Well so did Neneh Cherry too but Janet ignoring some of her biggest and well known hits in the UK at their expense was odd. Sheryl doesn’t have many actual hits past her 3rd/4th album as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom