Green Day

I think we have never discussed Green Day on Moopy.

Not saying it's a bad thing but I thought of this in the thread about 'musical artists one wouldn't know you liked' (or something) and I realised that I have most of their studio albums.

Yes my mid-life crisis is complete.

Any other fans here? Green Day faves? Top 10 etc?

I think we have never discussed Green Day on Moopy.

Not saying it's a bad thing but I thought of this in the thread about 'musical artists one wouldn't know you liked' (or something) and I realised that I have most of their studio albums.

Yes my mid-life crisis is complete.

Any other fans here? Green Day faves? Top 10 etc?
I've never been an avid fan, but I've seen them live and they were genuinely great. Also, New Found Glory were their support act which only sweetened the deal.

Basket Case, 21 Guns and Are We the Waiting are probably my top 3.

I listened to Nimrod a lot because a girl I was fingering was into them, great album but I'm not really a big fan outside of that particular CD

Well DOOKIE was a big soundtrack to my formative years so I'll always have a soft spot for it although I suppose objectively American Idiot is their best album. I also love Nimrod and WARNING. Never really got into Insomniac and I've not heard the new one..

The American Idiot album is really quite brilliant. I have no desire to properly delve or see them live or anything but their main singles are great.

I listened to latest album once actually and it was mostly pleasant. I'll give it another go #soon

I had my peak Green Day period during the American Idiot era. It remains a great album despite overplay of certain singles (Wake Me Up When September Ends...)

Everything after Nimrod is either utter shite, a bit shite or ultimately disappointing. Including American Idiot. Even nimrod is a strong downturn in form.

The first four albums, however, are excellent.

Everything after Nimrod is either utter shite, a bit shite or ultimately disappointing. Including American Idiot. Even nimrod is a strong downturn in form.

The first four albums, however, are excellent.

Some modern track came on Spotify after I'd listed to Nimrob and it was fucking awful, I couldn't believe it was the same band.

Yeah me too, hence my HARSH! @ to @Indie .

I think it was their zenith creatively but Dookie will be my favourite for sentimental reasons etc.

That being said I played KerPLUNK! today and it was great

1. American Idiot - i have never stanned this track as much as i do today. the lyrics are more relevant than EVER. fuck America INDEED.
2. Wake Me Up When September Ends
3. Boulevard of Broken Dreams
4. 21 Guns
5. Brain Stew
6. Jesus of Suburbia
7. When I Come Around
8. Good Riddance
9. Longview
10. Welcome to Paradise

1. Minority - I didn't know this one until recently but I love it
2. Basket Case
3. When I Come Around - A lot of American "alternative rock" (pop) that I like from the 90s sounds like this
4. American Idiot - I found this so shocking when it came out
5. 21 Guns
6. Wake Me Up When September Ends
7. Boulevard of Broken Dream
8. Jesus of Suburbia
9. Holiday
10. I Fought The Law - I had their cover of this on my iPod mini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom