Grimes — Book 1 (cancelled double album) + Shinigami Eyes — RIP

oh my god...

FFmwF0sWQAEVRCx

in me now.

it sounds a bit flat and musky... not sure i'm on board for this one.

ps who's that on the cover art?

Where' the 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 reaction??????????????

I'm dead, help me, I'm actually dead and I cannot get up.

She's in her music for gayers of games era :disco:

OK i didn't watch it when I posted it but good GOD! the video is an absolute FEAST! where is the budget coming from? :D

it's ok but pretty basic on first listen? she's gone for the violence (love) template but really watered it down.

i never need to hear player of games again.

oh I love player of games. the melodies are fantastic, which can't be said for this one.

here's what she said to Zane Lowe about Shinigami Eyes being the "label exec song" :eyes:

Well, actually, OK, so this song, I’m not sure what I should say or not say. I always say a bunch of stupid shit and get in trouble, but either way. This is the label executive decision song. I love the record, but it’s just like, everyone's like, what's the deeper meaning? And it’s like, well, Nino Angelo just really had just watched Death Note and really liked it. Basically, I wrote the whole space opera thing and this is the only song that wasn’t this big narrative plot. Anyway, I actually do really like the song. Sorry. I’m just undermining the marketing strategy.

I'm not sure what the hell kind of label exec commissions a song based on an anime but work :D also there will be an EP first which is called Fairies Cum First :D "which is a prelude to Book 1".

also Book 1 will be a double album now because "we have two album covers and it seems a waste to throw one away" :D

God her aura of absolute chaos is crack to me.

Fairies Come First sounds more like an album title for her NEMESIS Azealia Banks.

Genesis hit 100m on Spotify today. you go girl :disco: that song is my bitch! and that whole album is fire actually.

in other news Shinigami Eyes is doing quite a bit better than Player of Games (which I cannot get enough of right now) so fairy world princess stays winning. :disco:

Well I’m finally here
I don’t know what made me avoid her, maybe the smell of super rich evil from Elon Musk and giving their kid an ISBN number or whatever.

But YouTube put Shinigami Eyes in front of me, and because the title made my ears prick up (yeah yeah Japan) I just went along with it.

Still sounds like it’s not really about anything but it sounds good. Sort of reminds me of remixes Delirium used to have 20 years ago (not Silence), which is definitely something I can get on board with.

Just listened to Player of Games too, it’s alright. I like it musically but I’m not sure if I like HER

I think it's very brave of some straights to keep having babies when we're going through some dark, awful times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom