HAIM - Women In Music Pt III (album) + I Know Alone

OMG I'm so getting tickets

I was supposed to go see them in June last year but was cancelled because of covid

• Care
Reactions: RJN
Has anyone here seen them live? I don’t know how they are live

they are fabulous live. I'm considering snatching tix but of course they're not doing Europe.

4B1988E6-A7C7-4727-978C-22171A3C00EA.png

This has all prompted me to finally listen to this album and it's up there among their best? Maybe not as good as Days Are Gone (which I have a lot of nostalgia around), but I like it more than Something To Tell You, and I think it's going to grow

This has all prompted me to finally listen to this album and it's up there among their best? Maybe not as good as Days Are Gone (which I have a lot of nostalgia around), but I like it more than Something To Tell You, and I think it's going to grow

It’s an amazing album and I’m shocked any Haim fans would be disappointed by it.

07 Los Angeles
08 The Steps
06 I Know Alone
06 Up From A Dream
10 Gasoline
07 3am
10 Don’t Wanna
06 Another Try
07 Leaning On You
10 I’ve Been Down
07 Man From The Magazine
07 All That Ever Mattered
10 FUBT
10 Now I’m In It
09 Hallelujah
10 Summer Girl

The problem is probably the ordering. There’s a lot of mellow songs that sound more like interludes which aren’t bad but the best songs are all towards the end of the album.

• Love
My top non-single so far is Don't Wanna
Don't Wanna (which was a single!), Now I'm In It (WHAT A SONG!), All That Ever Mattered and I Know Alone are my faves. plus Hallelujah in the winter months, and Summer Girl in the summer.

as a collection I think it has a fair bit of filler and I also prefer the tighter focus of Days Are Gone, but they expanded their sound and seem full of confidence and joy.

3AM (Toro y Moi remix) is also a fabulously crunchy 90s alt-pop throwback.

• Love
My faves so far are The Steps, Gasoline, 3am, Don't Wanna, and Now I'm In It. And I'm liking the Toro y Moi remix

Never been so jealous @RJN

Still gutted about my cancelled covid gig in Dublin :( ONE DAY…

The show is great but there’s a skit right now that’s the most cringey thing I’ve ever seen.

Ok I’m an idiot and the skit is kind of funny. And the performance of 3am was the best thing I’ve ever seen

The show was great! More "produced" than I was expecting but they sounded great. They played mostly songs from the new album, plus a few older singles.

The "skit" was that one of their phones rang, she answered, and it was a guy she met in Miami the night before. And he said he was on the way and could get to Atlanta by 3 AM. So thats how they started the song

I saw them last night. They got a bit teary during Hallelujah (their best song? I think so) :( They were really, really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom