Harry and Meghan "leave" the Royal Family + Interview + book 'Spare'

Iconic trolling and giving the gays exactly what they want during Pride Month.

We have no choice but to stan!

I love the photo released trolls all the people wanting to see what colour she is :D

I can't find a photo? :o

Also, thinking about it, interesting he chose to name her after the Queen primarily rather than his mother.

I can't find a photo? :o

Also, thinking about it, interesting he chose to name her after the Queen primarily rather than his mother.

oh whoopsie poopsie, I didn’t read the caption, the picture I saw was with Archie (still hate that name). Not that you’d know, you can only see the baby’s feet!

The thing that always baffled me about Burchill is, on top of everything else, she’s an absolutely terrible writer. Like, she is actively bad at her job. How on earth did she thrive for so long?

The thing that always baffled me about Burchill is, on top of everything else, she’s an absolutely terrible writer. Like, she is actively bad at her job. How on earth did she thrive for so long?
Didn't go to uni, went off to write at the NME instead, part of the Groucho Club set that took a whack load of coke in the 90s. Basically probably went a very long way on subliminally intimidating commissioning editors into thinking she was cool, then she wrote Sugar Rush and basically got tenure.

Reactions: VoR
Dreadful or not (although there's clearly no debate), I did fucking LOVE 'Ambition'.

Screenshot_20210608-172616_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
The way things are going, Burchill will be able to make good money playing for the England cricket team.

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
I see she’s expectedly doubling down. :goodgrief:

“I called the baby IT as a nod to non-binary bollocks – and if you think you can make me respect a violent criminal who once held a gun to a pregnant woman’s stomach, you’re in for a VERY long wait”

I know there's so much other actually valid stuff about Burchill to criticise, but I must admit I find it really funny that she writes all the shit she does and cultivates the image she has while her speaking voice sounds like THIS:

Not sure if I should post this, but WHY NOT! :D

About 10 years ago I attended a dinner in which Julie Burchill was also in attendance (A BIG difference to having dinner with Julie Burchill :D ), anyway whilst I didn't speak to her much one-on-one she was clearly one of the most drug-affected people I've ever met in my LIFE, so much so she stands out so vividly in my memory as one of the biggest messes of a human being I've ever spent time socially with. GOD KNOWS what she was putting up her nose in the 90s, but it's clearly rotted her brain away to the point where there's barely anything left.
She was like a weird Ab Fab character on steroids, and the bizarre baby voice just heightened it further :D

Lots of conversation-stifling long-rambling monologues that didn't really go anywhere but were all about her, all her words slurred, those fucking white sunglasses on her head. I was AMAZED she had a career as a high-paid columnist at the time. She freely admitted she'd basically put her name to anything as long as she was getting paid, and this is before she started on her proper spiral into becoming the new Katie Hopkins.

I'm surprised she's still EMPLOYED, not surprised she's sliding further and further into the gutter to try and generate headlines. I also wouldn't be at all surprised if she doesn't even believe a word she types. I wonder how long it will be until she gets banned from Twitter.

Hope he does a round of media interviews to promote it. Guest on BBC Breakfast, The One Show and This Morning.

Hope he does a round of media interviews to promote it. Guest on BBC Breakfast, The One Show and This Morning.
And LOOSE WOMEN. High end and thoughtful chat guaranteed

He does look very lovely on the cover. Hopefully there’ll be a limited edition free nude pin-up with early purchases :disco:

I'm sure he could get a booking on Graham Norton, Drag Race UK typically films in January/February so it would make sense for him to be a guest judge if in Manchester while promoting or on a tour of WHsmiths for signings.
:D Options GALORE!

Loving the idea of a high end WHSMITHS TOUR. Hopefully lucky punters will be able to get a bag of Haribo at a bargain price of £6 if they buy the book :disco:

I think signings at Waterstones might be a bit more appropriate although they might have to pass on hosting a Q&A because you know what some people are like. IS IT TRUE THAT IT’S THE SIZE OF A ROLLING PIN, etc.

Just seen the leaked foreword 👀

"This is just by means of a small description to illustrate my thoughts and feelings about the particular image I've chosen for the book cover. This memoir contains stories that are deeply personal and emotional. In a sense I have "exposed" myself through the work to reveal aspects of an inner world which are fragile. Broken through experience, but not entirely smashed. I am not a young prince in their early twenties. I am a mature ex-royal facing up to the failed expectations of life and facing up to "core" issues. I don't want to represent myself visually in some kind of clinched, airbrushed, saccharine kind of way. I want to reveal myself as I am. For me, this is a powerful and courageous statement. I have never been known to "toe the safety line". In terms of how I represent myself as an artist, I need to be authentic... To take risks...To break the mould when necessary. I have now turned to face the audience eye to eye, as it were. I am as "Spare" as the title suggests. Though not entirely exposed. The image is timeless, genderfree, and racially ambiguous. I could be a statue. A ghostly apparition, or an indian Saddhu. The colour has been drained from my mouth (where words and sounds issue form) to saturate the cover with redness, (signifying lifeforce and anger). I hope it makes sense to you."

Buy Spare
Out now

Love Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom