Harry Styles - Fine Line (second album)

Do you like it @lolly ? I can see why Queen of Witches Stevie Nicks like it. It's very much a singer-songwriter type of album. It feels contemporary whilst also having a timeless feel to it. I have to say I am really impressed.

I do, but only in a 7 kind of way. Not sure I've listened to it all since around April though - but it's clearly one of those albums which will pay repeat visits when others perhaps burn more brightly but for a shorter period.

What's more interesting though is him. He's become genuinely quite compelling, and I'm curious to see where he goes next.

Niall seems lovely. I’d take him home to my mum for sure.

I really like Heartbreak Weather !

Surprised to learn Future Nostalgia is "only" #7 - I'd be interested to see what it's sold, also in actual pure copies rather than streams. Thanks @lolly

Surprised to learn Future Nostalgia is "only" #7 - I'd be interested to see what it's sold, also in actual pure copies rather than streams. Thanks @lolly

Yes, I was surprised by that as well. But she's #2 behind Eminem in terms of albums released this year, and his album has been out nearly twice as long in that sales window.

Maybe I need to pay it a re-listen but I remember Heartbreak Weather being dull as dishwater and I usually eat up that shit. Fine Line still slaps.

As much as I love the song, I never expected "Watermelon Sugar" to hit the Hot 100 top ten. It's also really unusual these days for a post-album single to do that... I can't think of another recent example other than "Say So", and before that, probably "I Like It" by Cardi B.

I wonder if it has a chance for #1. The charts are so confusing these days.

Small Talk, Black and White and Bend The Rules are better than anything Styles has ever released.

but you can't really expect everyone to have taste.

Watermelon Sugar climbed to #4 on Friday to make a new peak. And Fine Line spends a 34th consecutive week in the top ten.

The seven other solo One Direction albums (including his first) have spent nine weeks in the top ten between them

Small Talk, Black and White and Bend The Rules are better than anything Styles has ever released.

Oh I prefer the title track to those ones :D

Small Talk IS amazing.

The Katy Perry song obvs, not Niall.

oh, PLEASE! not even Katy thought it was good enough to be on Smile.

Niall's Small Talk is legendary. listen to it with good quality headphones. oo chile.

oh, PLEASE! not even Katy thought it was good enough to be on Smile.

Niall's Small Talk is legendary. listen to it with good quality headphones. oo chile.
Oh I love it too.
We really need a proper Niall thread

please create one! i don't feel i have enough moopy street cred to start creating threads yet.

Cred notwithstanding there is a moderately tumescent thread started for Nice To Meet Ya here

Can we please not contaminate Harry Syles' thread? Thanks

Anyway - I think I need that splatter vinyl in my life. @wurst - you must have this on vinyl no? Is it a nice pressing?

Confirmed by music week yesterday to be the #2 album of the year so far with 218,993 copies in 2020. #1 being Lewis Capaldi with 376,138. No other albums mentioned.

Dreadful sales figures. Only one album platinum, and that a holdover from spring last year.

Confirmed by music week yesterday to be the #2 album of the year so far with 218,993 copies in 2020. #1 being Lewis Capaldi with 376,138. No other albums mentioned.

Sales are indeed garbage. Dua must be in the high 160-200k region off of like four major hits at this point. In 2010 she'd be triple platinum by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom