Harry Styles - Harry's House (May 20th)

He's charted all 13 tracks on this week's Hot 100 top 30.

Harry Styles Charts All 13 Songs From ‘Harry’s House’ in Hot 100’s Top 30
"As It Was" leads by taking the No. 1 spot for a fourth week on the chart.

By Xander Zellner

05/31/2022

Harry Styles charts all 13 songs from his new album Harry’s House in the top 30 of the latest Billboard Hot 100 (dated June 4).

The set charges in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with 521,500 equivalent album units in the week ending May 26, according to Luminate – the biggest weekly total for an album this year, surpassing the opening frame of Kendrick Lamar’s Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers (295,500) a week earlier. Styles’ third solo LP logs the biggest week for an album since Adele’s 30 debuted with 839,000 units (Dec. 4, 2021).

Leading Styles’ haul on the Hot 100, four Harry’s House songs rank in the top 10, paced by “As It Was,” which rebounds for a fourth week at No. 1. He ups his career total to seven top 10s (one more than One Direction — in which he broke through — achieved, in 2012-15).

Here’s a recap of Styles’ 13 entries on the newest Hot 100. All are debuts except for “As It Was”:

Rank, Title

No. 1, “As It Was” (up from No. 2; fourth week at No. 1)
No. 4, “Late Night Talking”
No. 8, “Music for a Sushi Restaurant”
No. 9, “Matilda”
No. 13, “Daylight”
No. 14, “Little Freak”
No. 15, “Grapejuice”
No. 21, “Satellite”
No. 22, “Cinema”
No. 24, “Daydreaming”
No. 25, “Keep Driving”
No. 29, “Love of My Life”
No. 30, “Boyfriends”
In the Hot 100’s 63-year history, Styles is just the second act to place at least 13 songs in the top 30 simultaneously. He joins Drake, who has achieved the feat twice, tallying 17 songs in the top 30 on the July 14, 2018, chart, concurrent with chart debut of parent set Scorpion, and a record 19 simultaneous top 30 hits on the Sept. 18, 2021, survey, as Certified Lover Boy launched atop the Billboard 200.

By adding 12, Styles swells his career solo total to 17 top 40 Hot 100 hits. (One Direction has earned 13.)

currently thinking third single has to be Matilda and then probably Grapejuice but Satellites would work for me ALSO!

"Daylight" is another grower / no-brainer single to me. It has a video now, too.

The Late Late Show with James Corden presents the music video for Harry Styles "Daylight" from his new album "Harry's House" shot in three hours for $300.

This video is the only good thing James Corden has ever done. SO keen for Daylight to be a single - probably my favourite track on the album.

Projected to be #1 again in the US with 149k its second week.

I'm ready for a rate:

07 Music for a Sushi Restaurant
09 Late Night Talking
09 Grapejuice
10 As it Was
08 Daylight
08 Little Freak
06 Matilda
08 Cinema
07 Daydreaming
09 Keep Driving
10 Satellite
07 Boyfriends
07 Love of My Life

I tend to skip "Matilda" b/c I find her a bit boring (sorry @Pipo )

I feel like "Keep Driving" might not be getting the praise it deserves because it's a bit short, but it's actually one of the best surprises on the album. That middle eight is Jewel levels poetry.

OK GIRLS, i have been LOONING. yes, i am that basic bitch that gives Spotify's biggest monsters most of their streams (*Taylor and Harry, we don't know Bad Bunny and Drake in this household, as true real music stans *glances at his Joanne vinyl that's beautifully hanging and matching the turquoise kitchen walls*)

10 Music for a Sushi Restaurant - the bridge, the last chorus, the outro, are you FUCKING KIDDING ME, HARRY? not him going from bottom-i-wanna-smash to crackhead-i-want-inside-me in 45 seconds.
09 Late Night Talking - i can imagine Bruno Mars doing this and getting a 03 from me. the harmonies he does in the verses. ugh.
11 Grapejuice - this song went from being my least favourite song on the album to my song of the year (until 1989 Vault Tracks come out). give me something old.. and red.
10 As it Was - the definition of a bop, sir.
10 Daylight - the GENIUS different placements of the drop in the first and second chorus... FUCK this man.
09 Little Freak - this song hurts because it's literally about a hot guy who fucked me (and consequently made me fall in love) for 4 weeks then ghosted me, ANYWAYS-
10 Matilda - Harry passionately singing about traumatised girls made my hatred for menkind minimise a bit. the change of lyric in the last chorus always fucks me up. and yes I realise this is the 4th 10 halfway through the album.
09 Cinema - the post-chorus came right out of Jessie Ware's Where's Your Pleasure? and we completely stan this pansexual queer.
05 Daydreaming - honestly I'm glad this song is garbage because a whole album of 10s from a male would have been too much.. ok Jesus im re-listening while rating and it is high-key beginning to reveal itself to me bye
10 Keep Driving - a bop, a total bop, but then he decided to borrow a trick from his ex-fuck Taylor and write a cathartic 1-minute long bridge that just keeps going on and on and on and on and gives us all the details that we needed from the song ugh this record is EXHAUSTING.
10 Satellite - "am I bothering you?" yes, Harry, you are bothering me. that pre-chorus and chorus are whole ecstasy pills. and THAT BRIDGE? and outro?! offensive. fuck this man. listening to this album from beginning to end is making me angry.
08 Boyfriends - "youuuuuuuu....... looove a fooooool". not Harry summarising my entire existence in four letters in track twelve.
07 Love of My Life - he chose the weakest two songs to end the album which is great because imagine if the album ended at Satellite? a The Fame Monster moment. anyway I don't like the song and I don't like that its about Britain either, lets leave the nationalist bops to Lana Del Rey, sir. it comes off slightly distasteful when it comes from a man and the dresses don't cut it.

90 Harry's House

Last edited:
09 Music for a Sushi Restaurant - exquisitely giddy opener
08 Late Night Talking - good song, great production, but there are more deserving 2nd singles here.
09 Grapejuice - like this one!
10 As it Was - yes I stan now.
07 Daylight
04 Little Freak - thanks, I hate it. TOO TWEE.
10 Matilda - gorgeous vocal for a gorgeous song
10 Cinema - the spacey BEAT on this transports me places
06 Daydreaming
06 Keep Driving
10 Satellites - chorus is such a dream
07 Boyfriends - another acoustic number not needed at this point, also odd sequencing but not bad
07 Love of My Life - she's growing, but poor ha in the Fine Line pimp slot!

10 Music For A Sushi Restaurant
09 Late Night Talking
09 Grapejuice
11 As It Was
09 Daylight
07 Little Freak
07 Matlida
09 Cinema
08 Daydreaming
10 Keep Driving
09 Satellites
07 Boyfriends
07 Love of my Life

And what!

Let's face it ladies we all know the trajectory and how this story will go, but let's map it out for you:

Harry Styles = Madonna
Fine LINE = Like A Virgin
Harry's House = True Blue

And as we all know his movie era aka Who's That Girl is upon us, which can only mean that the gay remix club era will be upon us soon (You Can Dance) followed by his masterpiece when things go wrong with Olivia (Like A Prayer).

So yeah we may have to wait a while for the SEX/Erotica phase but it's cumming :disco:

I've listened to Harry Styles (the debut) over the past few days and it makes a nice little EP...

1. Meet Me in the Hallway :whistle:
2. Sign of the Times :googlyeyes:
3. Ever Since New York :love:
4. From the Dinner Table :cool:

FIN.

ARE they just pretending?
they don't tell you where it's HEADING
and you KNOW
the game's never ending...

so pretty. he's so good at strummy warm ditties like this.

Is late night talking the new single OR WHAT? Muisc for Sushi is begging for a proper video and PROMO!

I really wanted "Harry's House" to be whole lot better than it IS
shut it, Christian.
im-with-you-karen-huger.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom