Haunting Country/Americana music

funky

User
I don't have a genre name for this, sadface. Maybe our American friends can give me a steer @POP! @RJN @KindaCool

I'll post some examples but basically it's gritty acoustic guitars, screechy country violins and moody vocals. The darker side of country.

The sort of music you hear in a montage scene of The Walking Dead. Lots of films use it as score music - Erin Brockovich springs to mind.

Anyway just wondering if we have any fans and some recommendations - I fucking love it and need more.

RJN

User
I’m not sure what I’d call that music other than what you did, but you might like Jason Isbell

RJN

User
Elephant and Codeine are two good ones. I haven’t listened to it that much, but Reunions might be a good album to start with

funky

User
This is another one. Not so much country but the sound I'm talking about. Classic tune.

FetchFugly

closing in again
There are also versions of the Lera Lynn True Detective songs on this album but the title track is a good one:

I love this A.A. Bondy album, I'll go for the title track again:

Phoenix

I am not a liar ;)

They have many albums that you can explore but this is the standout (was used for season 1 of True Detective)

funky

User
What is that @Phoenix it appears to be blocked here

The True Detective soundtrack is a great example though, I remember that being good when it came out

VoR

Take it or leave it
Lisa Marie Presley also did a great album in this vein around ten years ago that got totally ignored

funky

User
Those opening guitar riffs are right on the money. I love it. Such a vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom