Haunting Country/Americana music

Funky

User
I don't have a genre name for this, sadface. Maybe our American friends can give me a steer @POP! @RJN @KindaCool

I'll post some examples but basically it's gritty acoustic guitars, screechy country violins and moody vocals. The darker side of country.

The sort of music you hear in a montage scene of The Walking Dead. Lots of films use it as score music - Erin Brockovich springs to mind.

Anyway just wondering if we have any fans and some recommendations - I fucking love it and need more.

I’m not sure what I’d call that music other than what you did, but you might like Jason Isbell

Elephant and Codeine are two good ones. I haven’t listened to it that much, but Reunions might be a good album to start with

This is another one. Not so much country but the sound I'm talking about. Classic tune.

There are also versions of the Lera Lynn True Detective songs on this album but the title track is a good one:

I love this A.A. Bondy album, I'll go for the title track again:

They have many albums that you can explore but this is the standout (was used for season 1 of True Detective)

What is that @Phoenix it appears to be blocked here

The True Detective soundtrack is a great example though, I remember that being good when it came out

Those opening guitar riffs are right on the money. I love it. Such a vibe.

Not haunting or anything but I'm in a country mood this afternoon

Mary Chapin Carpenter - QUEEN!

'Honest Life' by Courtney Marie Andrews is my favourite album of whatever genre we're calling it. Somewhere between Americana and folk, I guess.

2018's May Your Kindness Remain didn't hit the spot in the same way for me, but 2020's Old Flowers was right up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom