Hawkeye (Marvel)

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
The next (meh) TV series from Marvel starring the least charismatic Avenger

I quite loathe Kate Bishop in the comics since the way she’s written is everything that’s wrong with current Marvel, so I may give this one a miss.

Being the only one on Moopy who LOVED F&TWS but found Loki a DRAG I'm kinda perched for this one, especially for Yelena :disco:

I'm not a big fan of Hawkeye but I do like the idea of this being CHRISTMAS themed, so I'll definitely give it a try 🎄

Also very much here for Kate if it means we're getting Young Avengers sooner rather than later, obviously.

Also very much here for Kate if it means we're getting Young Avengers sooner rather than later, obviously.

We are. I suppose at SOME point we'll get another Avengers movie with the ones active in the MCU: FalconAmerica, Captain Marvel, The Hulk, Shang-Chi, Yelena, Kate and Spider-Man :disco:

Last edited:
I’m so here for Kate Bishop the one true Hawkeye :disco:

And QUEEN VERA :disco:

The first two episodes of this came out yesterday, I quite enjoyed them! Hailee is fantastic as Kate, Clint still inherently a bit RUBBISH but I'm enjoying their dynamic a lot. And good for Simon Callow getting that Marvel cheque for a textbook one episode touch of class/immediate killing-off :D

And of course, the real star of the show is undoubtedly -
C3M28nSxKWVvRxN4FEtpCg.jpg

This has been fun so far, I know Loki's storyline was/is essential to the whole multiverse thing but it was so fucking boring. Hailee is fantastic in this and steals every scene.

can't wait for Yelena to show up and avenge Natasha :disco: it'll probably be a one episode cameo though :(

LOL at Florence Pugh getting blocked from posting on Instagram for posting about her appearing in this :D Spoilerphobia has gone too far!

I’ve watched 4 episodes. It’s alright :meh:

Perhaps not surprised to see that there were no spoilers in here, don’t start now, I’m only 2 episodes in.

It’s a light watch at least, coming off the back of Falcon, but so far I’m not really getting into it. Kate is quite arrogant and annoying, all her rich people drama is basic as shit, and Clint is pretty one-note so far. I want Linda Cardellini to do more because I loved her Velma and I like saying her name

Perhaps not surprised to see that there were no spoilers in here, don’t start now, I’m only 2 episodes in.

It’s a light watch at least, coming off the back of Falcon, but so far I’m not really getting into it. Kate is quite arrogant and annoying, all her rich people drama is basic as shit, and Clint is pretty one-note so far. I want Linda Cardellini to do more because I loved her Velma and I like saying her name

If you're finding Kate annoying and want more Linda you'll be PLEASANTLY surprised then, keep watching.

By this I mean Kate gets better and someone else joins her making them an amazing duo; can't wait for Young Avengers (if we ever get a movie) and Linda has a secret that (although it feels a bit contrived) shows that big things await for her character).

Well, it’s over

As with Falcon, it ended on a decent high that justabout sorta kinda justified the whole series.

Kate did change personality rather abruptly but she made it. Still sort of annoying.

Do we need spoilers, this finished ages ago?

@COB

I like Yelena a lot, I hope she does end up in the new gang. Intrigued by the Linda reveal, I don’t know that logo though, isn’t that SHIELD? Presumably that’s not the Kingpin dead now, don’t they need him for Daredevil? (Not that I watch that)

Surprised Maya is getting a spin-off, great to have deaf representation, but not a very exciting character, just frowny anger

The Echo/Maya show allegedly features
both Kingpin and Daredevil

Well, it’s over

As with Falcon, it ended on a decent high that justabout sorta kinda justified the whole series.

Kate did change personality rather abruptly but she made it. Still sort of annoying.

Do we need spoilers, this finished ages ago?

@COB

I like Yelena a lot, I hope she does end up in the new gang. Intrigued by the Linda reveal, I don’t know that logo though, isn’t that SHIELD? Presumably that’s not the Kingpin dead now, don’t they need him for Daredevil? (Not that I watch that)

Surprised Maya is getting a spin-off, great to have deaf representation, but not a very exciting character, just frowny anger

Laura Barton in the final chapter is revealed to be

Agent 19 from S.H.I.E.L.D., also known as Mockingbird. I don't think she'll be in any movies though? It's already very saturated as Disney+ keeps churning out these shows by the month, we have enough superheroes already thank you.
Perhaps she'll star in Secret Invasion or Iron Heart?

background.jpg

I finally watched this and loved it! Such a nice surprise after the torture of Falcon and considering the show features Hawkeye. I loved Kate Bishop and how much she was in it. Also the Kate/Yelena pairing was hilarious. Laughed out loud at the elevator scene in the final episode (Yelena calling Kate сука:basil:). Hawkeye with his bow and arrow was always boring so switching it up with all the trick arrows was fun (I don't remember them being used in the films?). Not sure how I feel about a show around Echo, I hope she will express more emotions than anger. But yeah, this was FUN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom