Helene Fischer - Atemlos durch die Nacht

What's the German word for poppers o'clock?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've just watched sunbed fan Helene in action. She's got shimmies and some nice flicks n kicks. But Charlotte's ability to dislocate her own hip for the sake of schlager is superior.

It really is TOTAL WUNDERBAR. She's got a new album out with a dreary cover and no particularly amazing stand-outs so I'll just stick with this one :disco:

She did an entire concert on German TV tonight and I was kind of equally repulsed, fascinated and agog by her utterly non existent performance skills (no idea what to do with her HANDS, the poor love), and how much the crowd of middle aged people was lapping it all up. Definition of a LOCAL STAR.

She's really dull and I bet she's a Christian as well. At least with Andrea Berg you get the desperation and GURNING :disco:

Good news: Helene has a Guardian article dedicated to her today after topping Celine Dion and Britney Spears as one of the world's highest earning female articles.

Bad news: It's snobby bollocks.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/s...rstar-the-richest-singer-youve-never-heard-of
Schlager came to its traditional themes as the antidote to the licentious western pop that infiltrated Germany after the war. It endures thanks to its popularity with baby boomers and beyond, who are well served by infinite schlager TV specials – Fischer presents one every Christmas, a cloying all-star revue that makes Jools’ Annual Hootenanny look like Channel 4’s Club X.

In its down-home sensibilities, schlager is country music’s spiritual twin, and Fischer has given it an aggressive synth-pop update, as if she were the German Taylor Swift. But where Swift’s pop evolution made her cool, it is hard to overstate how little critical love there is for Fischer’s frankly awful music.

Well FUCK YOU

It is! She's so popular here but only with middle aged people. She's so incredibly basic.

Sorry but Jark's assessment is accurate. She is beyond basic.

Atemlos is a fucking banger and justifies anything else she might choose to release IMO

I tell you something, snobby article aside...

“a kind of bierhalle bop that oompahs through matters concerning booze, babes and the Bundesrepublik.”

...is a lovely piece of journalism!

She might have an excellent way with words but I thought it was a terribly xenophobic article and exactly the typical stance of British people when it comes to foreign pop music.

To be fair Atemlos aside (which is life defining), everything from her I've heard is mostly CRAP.

To be honest it's the only thing I've heard from her, but some songs really should grant the performer a lifetime pass no matter what else they churn out.

Atemlos is phenomenal but even it needed the Swedes to remix it and elevate it to an 11 so I'm not about to subscribe to the Helene Fischer fanclub just based on that. I haven't delved into EVERYTHING else she's done but anything I have heard has been pants.

Helene started her career as a bog-standard schlager star and her first few albums were very much of that genre, which isn't exactly for everyone. It wasn't until she released the Bassflow remix of Atemlos until she went full on dance pop. That song had so much success that she changed her style to be closer to that.

Her latest album is the best she's done, and the album is very much poppier than her earlier stuff. It's not on any of the streaming sites outside of Germany/Switzerland/Austria though, apart from the 4 singles from the album.

Check out Herzbeben, Nur mit Dir, Achterbahn and Flieger on Spotify. If you loved Atemlos they should be more to your liking.

Herzbeben is the lead single and probably the poppiest thing she's done:

Nur mir Dir is probably the closest to Atemlost part zwei:

Achterbahn was the second track to make top 10:

Flieger is written by the same woman that wrote Atemlos, and sounds a bit like if Helene Fischer did Eurovision:

Last edited:
Reactions: Zu
I’ve been here before but ‘Feuerwerk’ from the previous album is rousingly schlagertastisch and may well prompt some very sexy high kicks und twirls if you’re so inclined and your bones have yet to go brittle

I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of ‘Atemlos...’. I rashly declare it to be the new ‘Say Hello, Wave Goodbye’. In a horrifying glitter catsuit standing in the door of the Pink Flamingo :disco:

she's dropped a (40 track!) live album

Sex Bomb with Tom Jones is absolutely everything :D

bitch sounds FANTASTIC. BOTH OF THEM!

When You're Gone with Bryan Adams, on the other hand, is a bit of a disaster :D she seems to be singing a different rendition of the song to him

there's also Euphoria with Loreen, Run with Leona, Purple Rain with Gregory Porter and Castles with Freya Ridings? when did all of these duets happen? :D

During her CHRISTMAS SPECTACULARS aired on German TV every year :D

Run is absolutely HOLY! Leona sounds BEST EVER! seems like it was 7 years ago which might explain it :eyes:

her Christmas Show is watched by 6m (20%) every Christmas Day :D is she basically KYLIE in Germany, but even MORE TREASURED?

her Christmas Show is watched by 6m (20%) every Christmas Day :D is she basically KYLIE in Germany, but even MORE TREASURED?

Her cross-over appeal is oddly ridiculous and bizarre. I understand why some of her songs turned into the JUGGERNAUTS that they are but beyond that, it's all just a little confusing and I never understood what she's done to become Germany's "darling", cause she always struck me as quite dull as a person really and she's never gone through a dramatic hardship (other than her arranged marriage dissolving) in public or anything.

This just popped up on my YouTube and honestly it may not just be just the greatest song not in English, but in RECORDED HISTORY.

And I include GREENSLEAVES!

I would say it's the most popular German language song of the past decade? Deservedly so.

it's also a total carnival war-cry. Drunk people in costumes yelling "Atemlos" across half the city. I really do associate so, so many fun memories with this bop.

Herzbeben is kind of the TITS to be honest. and Nur mit Dir is proper sparkly NUTRITION.

when is she coming back?

My guess is she had an album lined up for autumn 2020 which got pushed back to 2021 - so single + new album later this year, arena tour in winter or spring, big stadium tour next summer.

I'm not sure going four years without release a new album was the original plan. She isn't ADELE.

Herzbeben is kind of the TITS to be honest. and Nur mit Dir is proper sparkly NUTRITION.

when is she coming back?
Absolutely love the lowkey several season arc subplot of this thread of you declaring Helene to be cheap tacky trash but nonetheless over time slowly becoming a stan anyway :disco:

Thought it fit best in this thread rather than the non-schlager recent album one but waste 10 minutes of your life on this- possibly the greatest medley since Lena Philipsson’s 2005 MF half time spectacular.

As soon as she put the DONK on "Ich will immer wieder..." you KNEW she understood the assignment. :disco:

For one morning only Helene features on a BBC News story, albeit in picture form

Screenshot_20230420_104655_BBC News.jpg

BBC News - Michael Schumacher: Seven-time F1 champion's family plan legal action after AI-generated 'interview'

I very much love a good old Schlager and there are some brilliant songs ( see Marianne Rosenberg’s holy trilogy of pop perfection Ich bin wie Du / Er gehört zu mir/ Marleen ) but there’s something about Frau Fischer that I find incredibly unappealing. Everything seems mechanical and calculated, a sort of fake hysteria without any charisma or charm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom