Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So OUR DIGNIFIED DUFF HILARY has been enjoying an unexpected and slightly slow-burn TikTok/gay internet revival of With Love due to the clip of the CRINGE CHOREO from the time being widely mimicked and mocked.

If you haven't seen it, the clip is the first one from 0.00 - 0.20, with a selection of mesmerising bonus performances thrown in for free :disco:

(WHO has the time to find the footage and edit these videos together?? :D )

It's grown so much Hilary herself gave us a PRIVATE PERFORMANCE of her own :D

Although strangely it's not really seeing huge Spotify numbers, and the dance performance has more YouTube views than the official video :D

What do you think of this track, and it's parent album DIGNITY?
I love that the original video is basically just an extended PERFUME ADVERT :D

Reactions: RJN
It's about time THE DIGNITY OF HILARY DUFF (which will forever be its title in my heart) was rediscovered as the cult gay classic it always deserved to be.

Obviously it's all about the Deluxe edition with her BEATIFIC cover pose :disco:

71aTSTlCjlL._AC_SX355_.jpg

I stan this post very hard @AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaaA.

With Love is certainly no Stranger in the max track stakes, but the entire Dignity album is fabulous. truly the zenith of apathetic electropop.

the artwork as @VoR points out was also GORGINA. what a time to be alive!

It’s a solid 8. Never quite got on board with the Duff.

Come Clean is just rubbish to these ears, but then I do have a soft spot for the very shit ‘To the Beat of my Heart’...now back to the start

A few things:

VoR is correct, The Dignity of Hilary Duff is indeed a great album.

The Wawa mix of Stranger is excellent

The battle of France, is OVER :disco: in Gypsy Woman

Outside of You is her best song after Come Clean

Come Clean is still the greatest "sorry, this is by WHO?" moment in 21st Century pop. Quite how she managed to bag such an exquisite piece of pop drama remains quite the mystery.

06 Why Not
10 So Yesterday
10 Come Clean
07 Little Voice
07 Our Lips Are Sealed
10 Fly
05 Someone’s Watching Over Me
07 Wake Up
06 Beat Of My Heart
08 Play With Fire
09 With Love
10 Stranger
08 Reach Out
04 Chasing The Sun
06 All About You
07 Sparks

The many 6s and 7s are fitting for Hilary because it’s the score range that encompasses best who she is as an artist and personality, but those 10s… when she excelled, seemingly by accident each time, she REALLY got it right. The grace, the talent, the DIGNITY of it all!

What am I missing with Come Clean? Is there a Hex Hector remix or something? I just remember it being a watered down attempt at EDM with awful lyrics and a shit vocal?

The Little Voice is actually a cover of Eurovision legend SAHLENE

What am I missing with Come Clean? Is there a Hex Hector remix or something? I just remember it being a watered down attempt at EDM with awful lyrics and a shit vocal?

There was a CHRIS COX remix.

I can’t be objective with Metamorphasis. It was one of my first CDs and I must have played it 10000 times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom