Horizon - Zero Dawn

Lume

User
Is anyone playing this?

I'm at level 38 and just wanderind around. I never want this game to end. I love it all (except a few minor issues that are not worth a mention, at leat in the first post)

Sony offered this game free for everyone on the spring, so at least some you guys have played this?

I think there was quite a bit of chat on this in the "what are you gaming" thread at the time.

I have played & finished it (without expansions). It is a quality game i mean to play again. It's not particularly difficult and the storyline is a bit... meh, but it's just so fun and the controls are wonderful.

not to mention that the world and the robotic creatures are marvelously designed

I did not play the expansion but maybe I should get around to that before the 2nd game. it's just that I don't have my save game from the 1st anymore and I don't want to replay it all again...

The expansion is fine, but I found the game outstayed its welcome a bit doing it all in one go. I've never had the urge to go back to it, but will definitely play the sequel.

It got TOO HARD :evil: the beast killings became more intricate and relying on accuracy which I do not have. The pterodactyl type ones being the worst.

I agree that it's aesthetically absolutely beautiful and the attention to detail is phenomenal. I may give it another go like I did Vampyr (and give up when it gets too hard again, like I did Vampyr).

It got TOO HARD :evil: the beast killings became more intricate and relying on accuracy which I do not have. The pterodactyl type ones being the worst.

I agree that it's aesthetically absolutely beautiful and the attention to detail is phenomenal. I may give it another go like I did Vampyr (and give up when it gets too hard again, like I did Vampyr).

you could always adjust the difficulty

... if you haven't already :eyes:

I sometimes wish all these big open world games would have a Promenade mode where you can just potter around and see things without the killing and loot hassle

It took my three years to blast through this, but I really enjoyed it. I did the main game 2018 and got the platinum (I was HOOKED), then every bit of The Frozen Wilds in 2021.

It wasn't quite as good second time around and Aloy really started to great with her robotic (!) manner and constant wittering ("I'll just pick that up", "That's useful", etc. etc. AD INFINITUM) but it always looked stunning and the robo dinosaurs never got old. The inventory system is clunky though and you end up with thousands of objects you never use. If they improve that side of things, I'll be on board for the next ride, but I'm not really chomping at the bit for it.

I'm not the best gamer by any measure but managed to beat it on Ultra Hard for the platinum, so if I can, I'm sure anyone can :D

I've just learned that Angela Bassett voices the villain in Horizon Forbidden West :disco:

100% looking forward to this. Honestly found the first game such a charm, even if it was pretty easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom