Horrible places in London

STAPLES CORNER
Also HANGAR LANE :evil:

0-hangar-lane.jpg

Is that Shepherd's Bush? HATE IT.
Luckily there’s always the glamorous WEST 12 SHOPPING CENTRE over the road if one wants to relax and make new friends after the exhaustion of Westfield :disco:

Luckily there’s always the glamorous WEST 12 SHOPPING CENTRE over the road if one wants to relax and make new friends after the exhaustion of Westfield :disco:
Cinema tickets half the price of Westfield with empty seats and the same films!

• Love
Reactions: Zu
But it has a LIBRARY! :disco::D
Which I’m sure would be lovely if one could actually FIND IT. Hours and hours I spent trying to find The Perfume Shop only to be told SORRY WE DON’T SELL THAT ONE HERE CUNT

Plus Argos, The Card Factory, a Morrisons and a Poundland. Doesn't get any more BRITIX than THAT.

I always think that a location having a WIMPY is a good sign that it’s a great place to go. The exquisitely cosmopolitan oasis that is Woolwich Arsenal! The not remotely frightening or stabby Streatham! :disco:

Just looked up Wimpy (their website is quite nice and they're currently doing a Dennis the Menace tie-in), and apparently the closest one to me is in KILMARNOCK of all places :o

Just looked up Wimpy (their website is quite nice and they're currently doing a Dennis the Menace tie-in), and apparently the closest one to me is in KILMARNOCK of all places :o
Honey bunny I do think it would be worth investing in CHEAP DAY RETURNS for you and ZG

Fayre so TENDER AND EXQUISITE

I noticed the other day that astonishingly THE BENDER BURGER is still a thing.

Yes WE HAVE A WIMPY.

One of my FIRST DATES with my husband was in a NOW DEFUNCT Wimpy in West Ham after we went to check a DOCTOR WHO SHOP. We had to go AFTER MIDDAY so we wouldn't catch any HOOLIGANS around the stadium. Pure East London GLAMMA.

Reactions: COB
My mum ALMOST DIED of food poisoning after a burger from WIMPY GRAYS BRANCH

We didn’t have health and safety regulations in those days so I think the chef might have wiped his bottom on it :(

As a REGULAR TO OCCASIONAL CUSTOMER, I was SADDENED when the Wimpy in LIVERPOOL CENTRAL closed down a few years ago. But I see that the one in Birkenhead is STILL STANDING!

In fact according to the Liverpool Echo (:eyes:) it's one of the HIGHEST RATED RESTAURANTS IN THE WIRRAL ON TRIP ADVISOR :disco:

Reactions: COB
Oh the worst place in all of London is unquestionable STAMFORD HILL ASDA, which is without a doubt the SMALLEST Asda I have ever had the pleasure of visiting - so much so it makes me wonder whether it's some sort of KNOCK OFF FRANCHISE version of the official product, not to mention it BARELY sells any Asda own-brand products (not difficult when the shop barely sells anything AT ALL due to the shelves being permanently BARREN!)

asda.jpg

The google reviews speak for themselves :disco: -
It's scandalous to sell expired products. Today I bought Creme Fraiche use by 28th July and we have 23rd of August. It's not the first time. Mould in lasagne, blueish ham etc. I am not taking receipt but defo will raise the issue with management. Be aware people

It is increasingly difficult to buy at the Asda shop of Stamford Hill, firstly there are no trolleys to put the items, the lines are huge because the tills are always closed and there is always a shortage of goods on the shelves. Very disappointed!

the freezers are poorly maintained and always seem to have problems, with the exception of one male member of staff and one female, staff generally aren't very helpful or friendly - they don't interact with customers (even a smile). The overall cleanliness of the store could be better too. I've witnessed rolling of eyes and verbal annoyance at being asked to help customers. They're often in conversation at the tills and leave customers waiting despite clearly seeing us stood there waiting to be served. One girl was sat checking her mobile phone whilst serving the customer in front of me and thought a giggle would make up for leaving me waiting, because she hadn't noticed the other customer had packed up and left.... I only go here if I really have to.

Rude unhelpful staff, girl and bald guy at the self service bit are the only people with any manners and decent upbringing other girls on there always have attitude issues
Security guard is constantly not bothered, I've seen people walk out with stolen goods.

Very poor customer service. I wonder if anyone from the shop reads these reviews, as it gets worse and worse. I had to collect a parcel, the lady was on another dimension, came back to me saying "you showed me only email, you need a text message too!" I show her both, however she never checked my ID. I was told there is nothing she can do for me, while she was literally looking at the ceiling, with absolutely no compassion whatsoever. It's not the first time. Dear Asda, 70% of your staff is rude and carelles, do smth!

and my personal favourite: there is no trolleys for shopping , very hard to do shopping. :disco:

Last edited:
Bit disappointed to see that the Wimpy in London’s* glamorous Barking has closed down. WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT :(

*ESSEX

I remember going to the Wimpy in Chatham-sur-le-Medway's glamorous Pentagon retail palace.

I'm also simultaneously BEMUSED and ENTERTAINED by the horrors of Roman Road Market, which seems to be the last bastion of cockney culture LEFT in Central East London.

There is a stall that sells all manner of absolute TAT (think odd socks, semi-melted candles and broken key rings) for 25p (!) an item. Even if you somehow managed to sell ONE HUNDRED ITEMS in a day, you'd only walk away with 25£ :D

Genuinely, WHAT IS THE POINT of getting out of bed in the morning to do THAT. You'd make more money selling a platter of steaming TURDS!

I’m pleased to see that my apparently controversial suggestions that Barking and Romford are in Essex WHICH THEY ARE are causing such aggrieved ire :tongueout:

Whatever next? “Where do you live?” “London.” “Whereabouts?” “Southend.” :)

I'm also simultaneously BEMUSED and ENTERTAINED by the horrors of Roman Road Market, which seems to be the last bastion of cockney culture LEFT in Central East London.

There is a stall that sells all manner of absolute TAT (think odd socks, semi-melted candles and broken key rings) for 25p (!) an item. Even if you somehow managed to sell ONE HUNDRED ITEMS in a day, you'd only walk away with 25£ :D

Genuinely, WHAT IS THE POINT of getting out of bed in the morning to do THAT. You'd make more money selling a platter of steaming TURDS!
Well it must be a FRONT. How exciting, I must go and see when I move over there :disco:

I had an impromptu night out in a pub on THE ROMAN some years ago and it was right feral. I did get the impression that it might suddenly turn into an orgy but I may have been projecting :)

Well it must be a FRONT. How exciting, I must go and see when I move over there :disco:
It can feel a bit like (grubby) poverty tourism. That’s how I felt after the evening at the pub. They were all very friendly though and you’d not get that in the DALSTON SUPERSTORE or whatever the hell that hostile dump is called

Oh gosh the reviews for Morrisons Walworth Road :(
Don't often shop at Morrison's. On this occasion was returning a bad bottle of Kefir (yoghurt-y type) drink. Bought 2 and despite refrigerating these straightaway upon reaching home (date had long shelf-life expiry date), when I went to use it 5 days later, it 'fizzed' and I knew instantly it was bad! The other bottle I had consumed and it was perfect. Took it back to shop same day and was surprised to be asked for the receipt, as I bought them ten days before! I don't keep food receipts.. who does?? Anyway, the head salesperson was good enough to replace. Moral of the story? Keep receipt if buying some types of food! Morrison's are also cheap on some food items so I shall keep them in mind in future.
-
This supermarket has pretty much anything you need. They also have an Irish snack section! However the people that shop here are pretty sketchy... I wouldn’t go here by myself at night as a girl. You’re better off going to MS just on the other side of the road, shoppers there are nicer.
-
The shelves are moderately stacked during the day and early evening. The isles are generally clean and products displayed professionally. All this effort is let down by the rudest staff members. Been quiet a few visits during quarantine but the same pattern can longer be ignored. We know everyone is stressed during these times; but my goodness, not all staff wear masks! Or bother to help you search for items. And to top it off; have the audacity to shout at you with venom, when your card doesn't work on their cellophane patched up - because its mashed up - card machine! (See pictures) I'm now sticking to Sainsbury's where the staff remain respectful and have MANNERS! Therefore, not adding to the stress that l already have. Will be emailing the manager of the store to help fix this lack of customer services problem.
-
Rough area I visited the area 2 weeks ago saw a women throwing potato on shop keeper pmsl

The Walworth Road Morrisons is FINE these days. It's certainly had WORSE TIMES IN THE PAST though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom