Horrible places in London

Camden was shit. We went somewhere in the East End which was also shit. Not massively fond of the main bit apart from Hamleys. The tube and all overground stations are horrible.

The tube and all overground stations are horrible.
8532165848_1345f589e3_k.jpg

add03b2ef424036b5e27ca366a48ce11.jpg

gants-hill-tube-station-KM4FYT.jpg

OBSESSED with Westminster station!
Westminster is a beauty. But I think Gare do Oriente in Lisbon (and a couple of others on that line) pip it for locations you want to see in Bond films.

I wonder where in the East End @ButterTart was? Please God not that HOTEL at the arse end of Hackney Road which even in its more recent incarnation insists on presenting itself as being in SHOREDITCH :eyes:

I wonder where in the East End @ButterTart was? Please God not that HOTEL at the arse end of Hackney Road which even in its more recent incarnation insists on presenting itself as being in SHOREDITCH :eyes:
Oh sorry, he WENT to the East End rather than staying there

Maybe it was glamorous tourist hotspot BECKTON

Oh sorry, he WENT to the East End rather than staying there

Maybe it was glamorous tourist hotspot BECKTON
We stayed on a bus too long and ended up somewhere genuinely horrifying. The only feature I remember was a women’s clothing shop on a corner that was boarded up and there were no people around. I’ve never been more certain I was going to die than I was in that moment.
Egg on my face when I made it out alive with only a spot of polio to show for it.

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Zu
Poor ButterTart gets off the bus in Mile End due to being harassed by a one-eyed guy who kept asking for a chip. He texts Kate to rescue him, but she can’t come as she has been eaten by dogs.

It was a big long street and all the houses were grey. There wasn’t much traffic.
Doesn’t really narrow it down :tongueout:

Can you remember the bus number or where you got on? I’m quite good with my routes :disco:

I stayed in East Ham a while ago. That was a bit depressing. Nice temple though :disco:

Reactions: Zu
I stayed in East Ham a while ago. That was a bit depressing. Nice temple though :disco:
While it has made for some fun GRIM DAYS OUT in the past (of which I think I’ve now tired), the outer East really is quite bleak and horrid. I got off the DLR at Cyprus once and swiftly got back on

Doesn’t really narrow it down :tongueout:

Can you remember the bus number or where you got on? I’m quite good with my routes :disco:
So I think we went past St Paul’s, or it could have just been a big building. We definitely went past one of the big bridges because that’s where we were supposed to get off. I’m fairly sure the boarded up shop was called Southern Belle.

I’m wondering whether you ended up on the A13 / East India Dock Road heading towards Limehouse / Poplar. The buildings there ARE a bit sooty

WE MAY NEVER KNOW

I’m wondering whether you ended up on the A13 / East India Dock Road heading towards Limehouse / Poplar. The buildings there ARE a bit sooty

WE MAY NEVER KNOW
I'm wondering if the poor love went north and ended up in Aberdeen

I'm wondering if the poor love went north and ended up in Aberdeen
:D Oh it’s SO EASILY DONE!

Or maybe HULL. I went there to look at the university years ago and all I can remember is GREY and HATS

:D Oh it’s SO EASILY DONE!

Or maybe HULL. I went there to look at the university years ago and all I can remember is GREY and HATS
Hull University is QUITE NICE! It’s when you leave and you’re suddenly in BRANDSHOLME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom