Horrible places in London

My lovely old English teacher who I'm still in infrequent contact with (i.e. I'll like a photo of her dog on Facebook once a month) is from Hull, so I'm inclined to think fondly of it. Even if she did get me into trouble at a Lucy Beaumont show because of it.

All I know of Hull is that Phillip Larkin felt very at home there, which tells me enough to know to STAY AWAY.

To be fair the Fruit Market Quarter and the marina are rather nice but away from that it really is a DREADFUL place. I mean you can’t even nip into the bank to deposit a cheque because people just set them on FIRE.

They still deposit cheques there? What is this, the ISLE OF WIGHT?

This London HORRIBLE PLACES chat has made me want to go back to London again! 2018 was too long ago!

STOCKWELL. Just NO

Although @Kate darling I do hear that there are some stunning garden flats there with an exquisite Juliet Bravo balcony :disco:

Oh but the historic BUS GARAGE! And I've been to a lovely pub there AND saw Will Self in the street en route.

Has anyone ever been to the bus garage at Waterloo? There’s a cafe there that most people don’t know about. It’s mostly full of bus drivers but anyone can go in. It’s incredibly cheap and the food is rather good!

• Love
Reactions: Zu
Has anyone ever been to the bus garage at Waterloo? There’s a cafe there that most people don’t know about. It’s mostly full of bus drivers but anyone can go in. It’s incredibly cheap and the food is rather good!
:disco: How exciting! I shall have to investigate

ex02njoelpc7mlysowvrnnzpmtk.jpg

But do they do LASAGNE AND CHIPS?
I believe they may, but they have daily specials of all kinds. Mostly a lot of Caribbean dishes. Always good for a £3 full English, and home made cakes from the lovely ladies running the place.

I do hope it hasn’t closed after Covid. We used to go there for lunch a lot before our office moved.

When I first got with my boyfriend, he was living in Seven Sisters and working in Barking. I have no idea how he survived to tell the tale.

Seven Sisters is kind of horrid but has a bit of PERSONALITY at least, agree on STOCKWELL, it’s just one long horrid road. It’s got some nice houses but there’s NOTHING THERE!

I VERY NEARLY ended up in Seven Sisters as it’s CHEAP (ish) at least, before finding the Hackney flat.

I lived in Seven Sisters for my last year in London and it was FINE. There was only one stabbing near me in that time, and that was towards the end of my stay, and a marked improvement on Wood Green when there was a triple stabbing on my first day!

In terms of HORRIBLE PLACES in London, I remember coming back from a night out and cutting through the mall near Stratford Station (absolutely RAMMED with homeless people) to go to McDonalds and get a VEGGIE WRAP. I managed to avoid the multi-person SCUFFLE going on outside, but there was some bloke picking a fight with the police INSIDE MCDONALDS who promptly got HEADBUTTED, collapsed and started bleeding out on the floor.

So, that sticks in my mind as a HORRIBLE PLACE.

In terms of HORRIBLE PLACES in London, I remember coming back from a night out and cutting through the mall near Stratford Station (absolutely RAMMED with homeless people) to go to McDonalds and get a VEGGIE WRAP. I managed to avoid the multi-person SCUFFLE going on outside, but there was some bloke picking a fight with the police INSIDE MCDONALDS who promptly got HEADBUTTED, collapsed and started bleeding out on the floor.

So, that sticks in my mind as a HORRIBLE PLACE.
OH - on this topic, BRIXTON MCDONALD'S :disco:

The ONLY place where I've ever seen a chair THROWN AT THE SERVING STAFF at 7am on a Saturday!

I did travel to Stockwell for a Grindr meet one of the last times I was in London (NO CHEMS THOUGH) :o

It has of course rightly so been brought up in this thread several times before :disco:

I once saw TWO mountain bikes racing each other INDOORS there. They had built a ramp to jump over a group of UNFUSSED homeless people who just wanted to sleep really.

I caught the wrong train once and had to change at Seven Sisters. Never been more scared in my life :(
:D Seven Sisters is beyond FOUL AND NASTY. I worked there for a while and ended up drinking alcohol from cans in the street. CAN YOU IMAGINE

There used to be a nice meeting place for homosexuals there which I believe is known in common parlance as a PUBLIC TOILET but they knocked that down :(

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NICE ABOUT IT and don’t even start me on Tottenham Hale (which now I think about it is where I worked but the satanic SEPT SOEURS was near enough). Mind you, exquisite Pizza Hut buffet :disco:

I simply REFUSE to believe Seven Sisters isn't as beautiful as those on the Sussex coast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom