Horrible places in London

I never did much clubbing in Brixton although in recent years I did walk to the station from a party near Loughborough Junction and I must say that the area and generally nasty vibe are much more manageable when you’re A BIT FUCKED :disco:

I never did much clubbing in Brixton although in recent years I did walk to the station from a party near Loughborough Junction and I must say that the area and generally nasty vibe are much more manageable when you’re A BIT FUCKED :disco:
Neither did I really. The regular Love Muscle at the Fridge was before my time but it occasionally used to reappear for Bank Holidays and the like.

Then there was another club further down the road, the name of which entirely escapes me, but which was special occasions only too but quite good. Of course, there was also Substation South too but I'm sure none of us respectable gentlemen ever went there :eyes:

So I nominate the road from Brixton back to Clapham, whatever it may be called. AWFUL.

Oddly enough I don’t hate that road :D I think because it meant I was on my way the FUCK OUTTA Brixton and getting closer to my lovely, middle classed Putney streets

my friend has settled in Marylebone. it looks very pretty and very boring. is it horrible? will I have to take the tube for an hour every day to see actual people when I visit?

It’s very central so no, only half an hour to find real people. Marylebone High Street is very cute.

I’m sure even the most jaded of queens would agree that Marylebone is INCREDIBLY LOVELY.

Last edited:
I usually go for a mince around Marylebone when I'm in London. It's probably the most villagey area in Central London I know of. Londoners please let me know if there's anywhere else I should be wandering instead.

I usually go for a mince around Marylebone when I'm in London. It's probably the most villagey area in Central London I know of. Londoners please let me know if there's anywhere else I should be wandering instead.
Nah, I'd say you're right, unless you can be bothered to go to Kensington or Hampstead.

I've not been back to Hampstead since I was accosted by Denise Van Outen (encouraged by @Star)

Does Wandsworth have a nice high street? I remember going to stay with a friend who lived very near Clapham Common at the time, and going for lunch somewhere that had what I remember being a very pleasant high street, in a nice place for a stroll before or after the pub on a Sunday kind of way. Probably talking 15 or so years ago, though.

I don't know Wandsworth at all apart from the Ship pub on the river. Oh and I went to the crazy golf in the park once, but then we went to Putney afterwards. Sorry, not helpful...

Have we had Swiss Cottage yet?

ONE SOLITARY PUB and it looks so lovely and inviting from the outside and then you get in and it’s a MANKY OLD SAM SMITHS and you have the option of sitting there in the SMELLY BEIGE INTERIOR or going outside to sit in the car park in the middle of the enormous traffic junction.

I only go there for the cinema.

Does Wandsworth have a nice high street? I remember going to stay with a friend who lived very near Clapham Common at the time, and going for lunch somewhere that had what I remember being a very pleasant high street, in a nice place for a stroll before or after the pub on a Sunday kind of way. Probably talking 15 or so years ago, though.

No, Wandsworth High St is grim. Just pizza stores and grocers, all a bit run down, Putney High street is only round the corner and much nicer, especially with the bridge and Thames at the end.

Otherwise maybe it could’ve been Clapham Junction and the high street or two that run of he station?

Marylebone is ACTUALLY QUITE LOVELY as a neighbourhood and for my pink pound certainly has the most ADORABLE of the London mainline stations

I’ve just been past the erstwhile PINK BUILDING at Elephant and Castle and goodness me it really has been well and truly bulldozed. I know it was horrible but I tend to find demolishment a bit upsetting. Obviously I knew this was happening but I tend to require evidence before believing anything :)

#trustissues

It was very strange place inside

I only went in there the once and that was with a Brazilian which all makes sense now

Reactions: Zu
It was very strange place inside

I only went in there the once and that was with a Brazilian which all makes sense now
Oh it was utterly deathly. Some horribly depressing shops. I feel very sorry for the people who’ve lost their jobs and livelihoods but in no way could that space ever have been described as NICE

I don’t actually know what they’re planning to build in its place but I imagine a few workpersons will be killed during its construction. The space has got THAT kind of vibe

I read workpersons as Wetherspoons and got all sad :(

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Zu
The Grenadier pub, hidden between Belgrave Square and Hyde Park Corner, is a charming old boozer, once favoured by the soldiers from the nearby barracks. Every September, punters report supernatural activity, with objects moving of their own accord and sudden temperature drops. The ghost is said to be a soldier who, caught cheating at cards, took such a beating from his comrades that he died of his injuries.

OMG I'm going there TOMORROW and it's SEPTEMBER :disco:

Apparently this is Heffalump & Castle shopping centre now :(:(:( The HORROR and the TRAGEDY!

F29B94E0-CE2E-4DE2-9AA4-EC889090E257.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom