House of Gucci

You hit her with the Gucci?

• Total voters
Ugh so much cringe

U7AAJnR.gif

I saw this the other day and while I didn’t hate it, I thought it was very basic and lacked all kinds of character developement. Despite being three hours long, it felt very rushed.

The most interesting thing about it was finding out that an Iraqi bought half of Gucci.

Oh and my favourite character from (currently watching) Boardwalk Empire showing up:

sub-buzz-8296-1637011659-12.jpg

Fuck me, do whatever you want to do to me, just take me!

To think there is an alternative dimension where she's currently touring the Chromatica Ball instead of talking absolute SHITE on this fruitless press tour for a flop movie.

Gaga was BY FAR the best thing about this, and hilariously I do think she could have hammed it up FURTHER - especially in regards to the later years of the character.
Jared Leto was ROTTEN, and his character was given far too much screen-time - clearly to add some "comic relief" and to justify his paycheque.

I think the main thing that irked me is that it really is SUCH an Italian story, with some really QUITE OUT THERE Italian personalities involved - I'd have quite liked an Italian reading of it, rather than Ridley Scott and a mixed-bag of US stars. Can you IMAGINE a Paolo Sorrentino reading of the same source material? The Italian domestic life and family elements of The Hand Of God meets the political intrigue of Il Divo meets the absolute DECADENCE of Italian high society from The Great Beauty. Ugh it could be PERFECTION.

I'm pleased I ticked it off the list, but I have NO DESIRE to ever sit through it again, and a 5 minute YouTube cutdown of Gaga's best moments from the film are basically all any gay REALLY NEEDS.

I did wonder how Swedish Filmstaden could afford having Nicole making an ad for them. Turns out they’re part of AMC(?).

I finally saw this film and I really have no idea what I thought of it :D

I mean, it was so much fun. some scenes were amazing and some were bad. some of the shots were drop dead gorgeous and others looked cheap. sometimes Gaga was excellent and sometimes she absolutely was not :D it was so chaotic and HAPHAZARD! and yet... I feel it had a heart that came through at key moments. you somehow felt something for these people and the way they wrote themselves out of the family story. well... not Maurizio perhaps.

I actually LIKED Leto and Pacino as Paolo and Aldo. I thought their scenes especially near the end were sweet. overall, I definitely recommend watching it stoned. I feel it ENHANCED the EXPERIENCE.

an 8, maybe an 8.5, I enjoy Ridley Scott.

What on EARTH was this? :D

I love you Ridley but this was next level trash and not even camp enough to be funny. The script was all over the place, the pacing was nightmarish and it looked DRAB. A film about HIGH FASHION looked DRAB! I could not believe it.

Gaga was mind-bendingly awful: perpetually wide/wild eyed and overemoting every single thing. That sex scene in the building site :D She constantly seemed uncomfortable bar the one scene with her and Maurizio by the fire when she finally seemed semi decent. Star power for days but she could not act her way out of paper bag in this.

Leto was hellish too for that matter and Driver was just there. I loved Pacino and Irons though - I had fun every time they came on screen, especially Al who was perpetually having a ball :disco:

The Last Duel is miles better than this.

I was mostly confused by the timing of everything. Looking up the real story and they actually married in 1972, but in the film they met in 1978 clearly during the Disco era. Films set over a number of years with a Pop music soundtrack usually use it to help with the setting (e.g. Goodfellas, Forrest Gump etc), but this played a hell of a lot of random Donna Summer throughout the film. I instantly recognised the extended intro to George Michael’s Faith when she was walking down the aisle, thinking “OK, so they’re using Faith for the church organ… hmm, that’s interesting”… but couldn’t believe it when the actual song started playing over the backdrop of their 1970s wedding. Then Heart of Glass was playing apparently to signify the start of the 1990s? Bizarre.

I think we're all SO OLD now that we can spot when things like this are so blatantly wrong :D

I saw some of it (including Gaga getting railed) on a bus cause an old lady in front of me was watching it. :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom