House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel)

I didn't hate the episode overall but the penultimate episode of the season is not the right time (if there ever is one) for a lingering foot fetish scene and a very unexciting wander around Flea Bottom.

Also Mysaria should by rights be fabulous, but whenever she pops up I almost eye roll.

Emma D’arcy fucking carried this week. That last shot…chills.

I enjoyed this episode a lot more than last week. It was a lot more focused on characters rather than spectacle.

Considering it ended with a child being eaten by a dragon, it was a surprisingly low-key finale. Obviously lots of table-setting for Season 2 though, and some great performances, particularly from d'Arcy.

What is their obsession with traumatic birth scenes though?

Reactions: GNL
I can hardly wait for season 2. Loved this. Can I tell you any of their names? No, but i still loved it. Will be re-watching it soon.

This was disappointing, not because it was bad but because it felt too short and cut in half. I know they’re setting up the story for the next season but it did feel too inconclusive.

Considering it ended with a child being eaten by a dragon, it was a surprisingly low-key finale. Obviously lots of table-setting for Season 2 though, and some great performances, particularly from d'Arcy.

What is their obsession with traumatic birth scenes though?

GRRM loves a death from childbirth, it’s a convenient way to cull the female characters. That a twins (so many fucking sets of twins in F&B) are reused a lot.

This was disappointing, not because it was bad but because it felt too short and cut in half. I know they’re setting up the story for the next season but it did feel too inconclusive.

Agree with this. Especially with what? A two year wait for the next season?

I did not realise it would be 2 years. Oh we needed a bit more than that then. The Panzer Dragoon chase was quite thrilling, I really thought that young one was going to out-manoeuvre them. I had to rewind the bite twice.

I enjoyed the last episode, THAT scene aside. Unnecessarily graphic.

I am ready for season 2 and hopefully there will be no more traumatic childbirth and instead some intentional killing of enemies. Fingers crossed they get it moving a bit so we don't have to wait a full two years.

Also I would never have recognised them, but just saw the twins with the same name are played by Carl from Shameless and his brother who was in Emmerdale.

outstanding soundtrack work in that episode, and that's really the best I can say about it

a pretty shit finale overall. it was boring. there were no moments, it felt low stakes until the end. a big deal about who the Sea Snake will support and then he supports Rhaenyra. an heir to the realm allowed to ride a dragon alone (!) to a territory that the enemy may have reached already - such a death sentence that I don't think his death even felt surprising. and the CGI is getting worse, that thunderstorm chase was some second Harry Potter movie-standard shit.

it was all so dry and two-dimensional. what a disappointment after what's been a great first season.

Fabulous final episode.

But so much left to cover, and with no conclusion whatsoever, a year feels a very long time away

outstanding soundtrack work in that episode, and that's really the best I can say about it

a pretty shit finale overall. it was boring. there were no moments, it felt low stakes until the end. a big deal about who the Sea Snake will support and then he supports Rhaenyra. an heir to the realm allowed to ride a dragon alone (!) to a territory that the enemy may have reached already - such a death sentence that I don't think his death even felt surprising. and the CGI is getting worse, that thunderstorm chase was some second Harry Potter movie-standard shit.

it was all so dry and two-dimensional. what a disappointment after what's been a great first season.

I disagree with ALL of this :D

I watched this on a giant TV and the moment when Arrax flew into Storm’s End, and the moment when he flew above the clouds, looked incredible.

Also the war strategy was on point this episode, as was all the royal duty and honour themes, so the show was cooking on all cylinders for me tonight.

I need more Rhaenys too. She’s such a scene stealer from doing or saying very little.

Looking forward to heading back to the Eyrie and Winterfell for S2 :disco:

so what's this Snow thing I am being bombarded with on Facebook? I can't say I'm head over heels for the Snow character... is it gonna be a freestyle epilogue?

I don’t think anything has been announced yet, it’s just they found a way to fill Facebook with fan shit about it (I get a lot as well).

Makes sense, there isn’t enough story for 4 seasons.

I was hoping we'd get in an early 90s hip-hop podcast before then, but alas

I’m gonna have to watch the first series again. This show is all about the detail and fuck can I remember any of it !

I’m gonna have to watch the first series again. This show is all about the detail and fuck can I remember any of it !
I was wondering why none of the “kids” from the series were in the trailers then remembered we had about 5 time jumps in series 1 :D

Weren’t we supposed to wait a couple of years for season 2, or was that just wishful thinking, or even worse, has a couple of years already passed? 🫠

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom