Ireland 2022: Brooke - That’s Rich

Who should Ireland send?

• Brendan Murray - Real Love

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is going to do so well shoved in the running order near Spain :eyes:

I've been going on a deep dive (deep deep dive) of the Tayto YouTube channel this morning and there's some good stuff in there - I might have to make some GIFS!

Anybody for a quick toot of Ireland's answer to HIGH ON LOVE girls? :disco:
FEEL THE WIND IN MY HAIR!

Feel the wind in my hair
Love is still there
But I'm loving me
I am ready to fly
Reach for the sky
Finally I'm free
Loving me :ChiaraWink:

:D!!! at how LIFELESS this is and that it STILL CAME SECOND WITH THE PUBLIC!

• Haha
Reactions: VoR
I really do quite like That's Rich. It's the sort of thing that would over-perform in Eurovision 1996 on account of being youthful(ish), fun and in the English language.

I do hope Ireland invest some budget, and rehearsal time in Brooke.
Certainly not a winner, but has potential to not be COMPLETELY DOA in May (and no stage CONCEPTS via Måns' best mate this time around pls xx)

BROOKE (possibly) CANCELLED! :wired:

RTÉ rules state that songs submitted for consideration this year must not have been performed or publicised prior to September 2021 and “That’s Rich” can be heard in this clip from last April.

Rachel Goode getting her silver sequinned jumpsuit hastily dry cleaned AS WE SPEAK.

YES Rachel!

Is this an RTE rule or an EBU rule? The former may not matter so much and I am sure it won’t be kicked out of the contest - considering everything else the EBU manages to overlook.

You can hear half the song. :(

Hopefully they'll let it slide since the video has just over a 1000 views. Most of those probably on the back of that article.

Well I wouldn’t say that’s exactly the same thing from that link - different lyrics and in a different language?

Well I wouldn’t say that’s exactly the same thing from that link - different lyrics and in a different language?

Ok well there’s other examples in said article;

“Jamala is not the first artist to benefit from a relaxation of the 1 September rule. Back in January, the EBU held that Anja Nissen’s “Never Alone” would be eligible to represent Denmark at Eurovision 2016 if it won DMGP. This was despite the fact that Emmelie De Forest had previously performed the song at a number of 2014 concerts. In 2013, the EBU gave the green light for the Netherlands to send Anouk with “Birds” even though she had played a snippet during a 2011 radio interview.”

A handful of people had viewed her video prior to her winning at the weekend. It wasn’t commercially released nor widely distributed, I can’t see it being given the chop over that given the precedence.

Can they check how many views it had on 1 September 2021?

Can they check how many views it had on 1 September 2021?
The Hot press channel could access the analytics and see that for sure - this is what it looks like.

1644307233740.png

The EBU rule has allegedly been tightened up again since Arcade, 1944 etc but I can’t imagine them ever being particularly stringent about it.

The real problem is the RTE rule which is fairly specific in its wording, and I can see the other national finalists kicking up a bit of a stink:

‘Compositions submitted for consideration (lyrics and music) must not have been commercially released and/or publicly performed including online video platforms or social networks, in full or in part, before September 1, 2021.’

The EBU rule has allegedly been tightened up again since Arcade, 1944 etc but I can’t imagine them ever being particularly stringent about it.

The real problem is the RTE rule which is fairly specific in its wording, and I can see the other national finalists kicking up a bit of a stink:

‘Compositions submitted for consideration (lyrics and music) must not have been commercially released and/or publicly performed including online video platforms or social networks, in full or in part, before September 1, 2021.’
Exactly. We know the EBU will overlook almost anything ‘gee, that’s a lot of burner phones Eli and Nikki?’ but that RTE rule is unequivocal.

ANYWAY, it seems that Brooke is not cancelled after all and has released a "remastered" version of That's Rich after listening to feedback, highlighting how it sounds like a cheaper version of Isabel Guzman's Mysterious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom