J. K. Rowling and other TERFs

One of the examples it gives is a lesbian who felt pressured into sex with a trans woman by her girlfriend. That's hardly the trans woman's fault, is it?

And the Get The L Out results state '56% of respondents reported being pressured or coerced to accept a 'transwoman' (their quotation marks, not mine) as a sexual partner', which doesn't say it's by trans women, either.

Why is it the trans women being vilified?

Last edited:
The idea of 56% of respondents to a survey saying they felt pressured or coerced in that way is so laughable. There would have to be such a large number of trans women for that even to be POSSIBLE, let alone plausible.

"Angela created a questionnaire for lesbians and distributed it via social media, then published the results."

...right.

I know it's kind of the point, but this thread makes me so very angry all of the time. WHY has all this become a continuous, interminable thing?

I think my bewilderment is because I expect stupid, uneducated people to be transphobic. We've had racists and homophobes and misogynists for a long time. But when so called academics and famous-people-with-too-much-to-say start WEIGHING IN, unasked and unprompted, on how they feel so VICTIMISED for not being transgender, I just lose the will. I feel like a broken record but WHY DO THEY GIVE A FUCKING FUCK.

Someone give me something to smash please.

How does one COMPLAIN to the BBC. They don't do comments on the website do they?

I don't mean a "contact us" link that nobody reads. Like a proper YOU'RE A DICKHEAD forum. They need to be reprimanded for this.

How does one COMPLAIN to the BBC. They don't do comments on the website do they?

I don't mean a "contact us" link that nobody reads. Like a proper YOU'RE A DICKHEAD forum. They need to be reprimanded for this.
There’s a link to the complaints page in the replies to the tweet on the last page of this thread.

They buried it pretty fast. They can still fuck off.

Conservative government votes to have raw sewage tipped into our rivers
The BBC: 🤷‍♂️
Less than 100 members of a known hate group complete a survey.
The BBC: This is a job for us!!!

Screenshot_20211028-193625_BBC News.jpg

In response, a spokesman for the BBC said: "The article looks at a complex subject from different perspectives and acknowledges it is difficult to assess the extent of the issue.
"It includes testimony from a range of different sources and provides appropriate context. It went through our rigorous editorial processes.
"It is important that journalism looks at issues - even where there are strongly held positions. The BBC is here to ensure debate and to make sure a wide a range of voices are heard."

:eyes:

Shut the fuck up.

Anyone else want to ask their mum's what they think of all this, but actually quite scared to?

My mum was pro-trans rights when the local news was waffling on around Rosie Duffield not going to the Labour Party conference. I was EVER SO PLEASED.

A range of different sources = 3 people
Praise on social media = support from the TERF cunt friends of the TERF cunt writer
Rigorous editorial processes = Instantly published because it slags off people Tories don't like

The BBC is a fucking liability.
You forgot to mention:-

Balanced = includes a quote from Rachel McKinnon because everyone else they asked immediately spotted it to be a trap and refused to have anything to do with it.

My mum was pro-trans rights when the local news was waffling on around Rosie Duffield not going to the Labour Party conference. I was EVER SO PLEASED.
my mum bought Paris Lees' memoir last week, but with it she also ordered a book by some academic who was in the news recently for being fired after airing all the usual TERF-y views about "biological sex". so I'm trying to figure out her AGENDA.

luckily the hand of gay fate stepped in and the TERF-y faux-academic book never arrived but Paris' memoir did. :disco:

I've complained. A shockingly biased, gross article that uses nothing but anecdotal evidence from a group already grounded in anti-trans views.

Searching Twitter, I've found the account of one of the women whose story is featured. Her account is... Well, no surprises let's say that.

They approached pretty much every high profile, self-hating trans women, including a literal fascist, and got them to say the same thing multiple times over.

Not my biggest complaint with it but the article is so ridiculously long and badly written. Someone forgot they were pulling something together for the Beeb and not just some terrible blog read by a couple of hundred rabid bigots.

As far as how this shit is impacting the views of the wider population - I did have a fifty-something colleague mention that she'd seen the headline. I basically dismissed it as the same shit they used to say about lesbians but obviously it has had quite a reach.

One of my colleagues is actually married to Zoe Williams who writes for the Guardian - she is pretty much the only person who isn't Judith fucking Butler who is getting trans-supportive content published in that paper. I sent her a little thank you via him for being a very lonely supportive voice amid all of the deafening noise.

Last edited:
They approached pretty much every high profile, self-hating trans women to get them to say the same thing multiple times over. Not my biggest complaint with it but the article is so ridiculously long and badly written. Someone forgot they were pulling something together for the Beeb and not just some terrible blog read by a couple of hundred rabid bigots.

As far as how this shit is impacting the views of the wider population - I did have a fifty-something colleague mention that she'd seen the headline. I basically dismissed it as the same shit they used to say about lesbians but obviously it has had quite a reach.

One of my colleagues is actually married to Zoe Williams who writes for the Guardian - she is pretty much the only person who isn't Judith fucking Butler who is getting trans-supportive content published in that paper. I sent her a little thank you via him for being a very lonely supportive voice amid all of the deafening noise.
Also: I believe the "question" 'are you a a cis woman who has felt threatened into sex with a transwoman' was basically plastered onto the internet for anyone to answer. Therefore, the 80 people who answered were of course people who felt like they wanted to answer...

Just saying it wasn't exactly a cross section of society who carried out the "journalist's" "research".

Wow that double down by the BBC is tragic. It seems to completely ignore the problems cited in the complaints (despite how blatant they are) and reinforces an approach of fairness, when the article is anything but fair.

Have the team at W1A been handling this?

Also: I believe the "question" 'are you a a cis woman who has felt threatened into sex with a transwoman' was basically plastered onto the internet for anyone to answer. Therefore, the 80 people who answered were of course people who felt like they wanted to answer...

Just saying it wasn't exactly a cross section of society who carried out the "journalist's" "research".

It was a perfectly cromulent dataset.

I think they've jumped the shark with this latest article about almost 5% of the population thinking Coronavirus is Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the macarena however...

What kind of "range" is 3 people? In what world is that "research"?

I've never understood the hill these people choose to die on. How do you fall for the same trap that your former oppressors used to oppress you? This is literally the recurring cautionery tale of human history. Make it make sense.

The BBC need to stop trying to butter up people who will never, ever support them at the expense of those either do or could. This is exactly the kind of thing that drains their resources in ever sense of the word. Daft bastards.

BBC News - Kathleen Stock: University of Sussex free speech row professor quits

Of course is labelled a "free speech row".

The University of Sussex has properly ballsed this one up. Academics and students are quite overwhelmingly AGAINST Kathleen Stock's TERF nonsense, but the people in charge of the uni see it as a 'free speech issue', which means all their comms has been in defence of her right to be a prick. This has obviously riled up a lot of staff and a lot of students, but it's also, hilariously, not appeased the TERFs who don't think the university have done enough to defend POOR, BRAVE KATH - and obviously, despite being quite loudly defended by her employers, she's QUIT anyway, because the entire grift depends on these people presenting themselves as victims, driven out of society by the WOKE MOB.

this fucker.

my mum bought Paris Lees' memoir last week, but with it she also ordered a book by some academic who was in the news recently for being fired after airing all the usual TERF-y views about "biological sex". so I'm trying to figure out her AGENDA.

luckily the hand of gay fate stepped in and the TERF-y faux-academic book never arrived but Paris' memoir did. :disco:
Kathleen Stock is the TERF whose book my mother ordered!

I'm going to access her email and demand a refund.

Kathleen Stock's reputation has been in the gutter for years - she used her TERFism as a shield - everytime she (let's say "allegedly" just to keep it LEGAL) bullied and harassed someone, she would complain that she was the real victim and this was all because she was a brave and outspoken woman, fighting against the trans menace when actually, all anecdotal evidence pointed towards her being an absolute fucking horror.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom