J. K. Rowling and other TERFs

20220602_090150.png

The founder of 'Transgender Trend' honoured in the Queen's Birthday Honours list for 'services to children.' :manson:

I don’t understand what Bette is raving about. Where are the people not calling her a woman and who exactly is she birthing for?

As an aside, is that show just having literally anyone who has been famous at any point (and says yes) on as a guest? Who is tuning in for a MACY GRAY SIT-DOWN INTERVIEW EXCLUSIVE in 2022?

Well this vindicates me for always disliking Bette so..

Here’s to Patti LuNONE coming out as a TERF next

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
Like a TERF would be all for menstruators or birthing people because it is what they claim a woman to be.

It's about both - it's a common TERF talking point to pull things like inclusive language in healthcare (which is nowhere near as all-encompassing as they try and make out) into stuff like the erosion of abortion rights, to paint trans women and their allies as just more men who want to attack women.

That GAYS YOU'RE NEXT comment... What is she trying to say? That society will keep advancing and labels such as straight and gay will slowly evolve and become more nuanced and diverse, allowing for more room in between a binary choice?

And this lady is supposed to be a gay icon?! Does she even KNOW any gay people?? Because if she did she'd realise that gays as a whole are perfectly comfortable with that kind of "erasure"...

As in they’re coming for the gay rights next. Unless there are other tweets, I feel like everyone is taking this the wrong way.

That GAYS YOU'RE NEXT comment... What is she trying to say? That society will keep advancing and labels such as straight and gay will slowly evolve and become more nuanced and diverse, allowing for more room in between a binary choice?
The Gays You're Next tweet was posted a week ago off the back of Roe V Wade being overturned. It's separate to today's tweet (which I do think is pure TERFery, sadly)

Bette Midler's comments actual highlight the essential TERF dichotomy - they make womanhood entirely a matter of reproductive organs and then go absolutely wild when anyone reduces them to a set of reproductive organs. It's similar to the Tory concept of the "immigrant" who is simultaneously lazing about on benefits and clogging up the NHS while also stealing your job and buying your house. You can't have both - except Brexit proved that they can - it's an attack from both angles, creating a deliberate no-win, an isolation, a disenfranchisement. And people are thick enough to fall for it, time and time again.

I don't agree with her views, but in all fairness, she has a point.
no, she is just another cunt who can't handle the consequences of spewing hate speech. she wants to use her celebrity platform to make life more difficult for the most vulnerable in society, but can't handle any hint of her life becoming more difficult as a result. to which I say "fk off", and pop a strepsil while you're at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom