J. K. Rowling and other TERFs

why don't these right wing arseholes just mind their own business, stop trying to villainise a community who just want to LIVE, and get a fucking HOBBY!
This quote can literally be used on any of their stupid fights

When has "adults trying to persuade children to change their gender" ever been a THING anyway. Never mind a thing that needs tackling. Is there any actual real cases of this happening? Utterly ridiculous. Its the dark undertones with the suggestion that it may be a problem to scaremonger and fit in with the ongoing agenda thats vile.

Remember - it is vastly easier to "solve" a problem that doesn't exist than it is to solve one that does.

Over 2 million children below the poverty line? Meh. Saving "our poor children" from being "forcibly transed" by "evil predators"? All over that shit.

I mean, it’s not even POSSIBLE to force a child to change their gender against their will, what with the lengthy process of medical and psychological evaluations, surely?

I mean, it’s not even POSSIBLE to force a child to change their gender against their will, what with the lengthy process of medical and psychological evaluations, surely?

It just feels like they're pandering to the right. Make up a law that prevents horrible sick twisted parents from forcing their children to become a different sex (even if there's no evidence that this happens) to keep the traditional tory voters quiet, so when they are forced to support transgender rights, they'll be less vocal. They have similar tactics with covid, the economy, you name it. It's all spin.

Just had a response from my BBC complaint and it’s honestly such a cunty reply! :D

Thank you for getting in touch. We have received a wide range of feedback from those who find the article challenging as well as those who welcome its publication.

The article was carefully considered before publication, went through a rigorous editorial review process and fully complies with the BBC’s editorial guidelines and standards.

Some argue that the article is flawed because it is “based on a survey of 80 people”. The article itself states there is little research in this area; that the survey featured was conducted on social media and is therefore self-selecting; and even the author of the survey admits it may not be a representative sample. Furthermore, there is a link to the detail of the findings which enables the reader to make up their own minds about the replies the sample generated.

But the article is more than just the survey.

The journalist’s work involved months of speaking to many people about the topic and the article includes testimony from a range of different sources and provides appropriate context.

As a public service broadcaster we explore a wide range of issues and perspectives. And we believe it deals with a matter worthy of investigation. We have a strong commitment to impartiality, which means we constantly consider and evaluate which stories to cover and how. Impartiality is fundamental, and includes covering stories on any point of the spectrum of debate.
And stories should be seen not just individually, but in the broader context of our wider coverage.

The piece has prompted many complaints and many appreciations and we will consider all feedback carefully.

“The article itself states there is little research in this area; that the survey featured was conducted on social media and is therefore self-selecting; and even the author of the survey admits it may not be a representative sample.”

The absurdity of this quote, why include it then!

It’s strange they say they’ve received many complains and many appreciations which they’re considering carefully, when every response so far has shown they’ve literally only listened to the TERFcunts who’ve cheered their shitty article on.

“The article itself states there is little research in this area; that the survey featured was conducted on social media and is therefore self-selecting; and even the author of the survey admits it may not be a representative sample.”

The absurdity of this quote, why include it then!
THIS. No research or legitimate survey? Sounds ideal for publication!

The journalist’s work involved months of speaking to many people about the topic and the article includes testimony from a range of different sources and provides appropriate context.

MANY PEOPLE….which is definitely more than a few but less than a handful

That managed and long winded reply (no doubt sent ad verbatim to every complaint regardless of the details) suggests that they are at least aware that they fucked up.

Understanding why they fucked up remains UNCERTAIN however :zombie:

Just had a response from my BBC complaint and it’s honestly such a cunty reply! :D

You know you can escalate the complaint to Ofcom if you feel the BBC hasn't addressed your points or misinterpreted them right? :eyes:

Ofcom normally doesn't cover online content for other broadcasters, but it does for the BBC - obviously the BBC doesn't publicise this very much, but it's perfectly possible and, as an independent organism from the BBC, Ofcom doesn't have to rate their own homework like the Beeb does when you complain to them.

More info here.

I was just going to ask if there was an external body to complain to as doing so to the BBC is almost like giving them a heads up.

You know you can escalate the complaint to Ofcom if you feel the BBC hasn't addressed your points or misinterpreted them right? :eyes:

Ofcom normally doesn't cover online content for other broadcasters, but it does for the BBC - obviously the BBC doesn't publicise this very much, but it's perfectly possible and, as an independent organism from the BBC, Ofcom doesn't have to rate their own homework like the Beeb does when you complain to them.

More info here.

Only independent until Paul Dacre starts running it! :zombie:

Well quite, it's not like Ofcom is a BEACON of PROGRESSIVENESS but since taking over as the ultimate adjudicator from the BBC executive board on BBC complaints there have been QUITE A FEW complaints uphelp that the BBC had initially dismissed :eyes: so it's worth a shot.

These are the sort of people the BBC are using as sources in their "complex", "nuanced" articles :rolleyes:

This was called out immediately and, of course, her response has been to go full fash.

Also - at least one trans woman has come forward to say that she was interviewed and told the writer about Cade. NOT USED. One wonders why.

This is legit making a few GCs nervous tho'. It's very difficult to keep your sheen of middle-class faux concern when your keynote speaker is a Nazi and a rapist.

The BBC seem to be doubling down on their TERFism by interviewing Kathleen Stock on Woman’s Hour. Given that Emma Barnett seems to insist on giving Muslim guests a rough time about terrorism, you’d think that Stock would have faced some searching questions about transphobia, but maybe they forgot.

Right, I'm making another complaint to the BBC and asking them why they're legitimising the opinions of a rapist whore who openly advocates the murder of trans people.

If I actually paid my TV licence, I'd have cancelled it by now. Cunts.

Remember - it is vastly easier to "solve" a problem that doesn't exist than it is to solve one that does.

Over 2 million children below the poverty line? Meh. Saving "our poor children" from being "forcibly transed" by "evil predators"? All over that shit.
The You're Wrong About podcast have shone a light multiple times on how moral panics relating to rare or imagined issues are much easier to deal with than with the uncomfortable truths of our society.

For example, we pay almost disproportionate levels of attention to the idea of predatory strangers in relation to both women and children's safety, even though I am almost certain that on both counts they are more likely to be physically or sexually abused by a member of their own family.

To confront that reality is to destabilise the idea of the nuclear family, which is a cornerstone of our society, of capitalism and of patriarchy. It is far easier to divert attention towards those that challenge those things, even though there is little to no evidence of harm. I've thought for a long time that the reason so many terrible men are so on board with the TERF movement is because every minute that feminists waste talking about trans women is a minute not spent discussing the very real ways in which men negatively impact the lives of women.

Last edited:
The You're Wrong About podcast have shone a light multiple times on how moral panics relating to rare or imagined issues are much easier to deal with than with the uncomfortable truths of our society.

For example, we pay almost disproportionate levels of attention to the idea of predatory strangers in relation to both women and children's safety, even though I am almost certain that on both counts they are more likely to be physically or sexually abused by a member of their own family.

To confront that reality is to destabilise the idea of the nuclear family, which is a cornerstone of our society, of capitalism and of patriarchy. It is far easier to divert attention towards those that challenge those things, even though there is little to no evidence of harm. I've thought for a long time that the reason so many terrible men are so on board with the TERF movement is because every minute that feminists waste talking about trans women is a minute not spent discussing the very real ways in which men negatively impact the lives of women.

EXACTLY. Absolutely spot on. Katherine Ryan made a comment about this saying that men were like guns, you're more likely to be killed by the one in your house. The whole thing is a massive distraction, same as every other distraction. It's awful.

Reactions: COB
I actually caught the tail end of the interview in the gym this morning - it was muted so I could only read the captions but Lorraine did sign off with "WELL THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS I DISAGREE WITH YOU ON, BUT THANK YOU FOR COMING. NEXT, CRAIG DAVID!"

:disco:

The lyrics change can only be described as "hella goofy" but good on Bill for speaking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom