Janet Jackson general (2021/2)

Jark

User
to kick off another year of the queen giving us absolutely nothing beyond Instagram reposts and iconic jancellations, here's a compilation of Jan BVs and harmonies that made my morning

"you want some UHHHs n stuff?" :disco:

I won't name and shame cos I'm not a cunt but I have it on good authority that ONE OF OUR NUMBER, a self-professed Janft stan, has actually never heard the janet. album.

so this sync is very much a MANDATORY EDUCATION.

I won't name and shame cos I'm not a cunt but I have it on good authority that ONE OF OUR NUMBER, a self-professed Janft stan, has actually never heard the janet. album.

This is going in the February issue of the Moopy Newsletter.

Who'd have thought that Janet would have a post-career as a MOOPY COUNSELLOR? Record label fuming

Surely, we need to afford 20 Y.O. a sync listen before any of the properly good albums :eyes:

Sounds good and its low points are better than any of the ones found in Damita JO*moist moans sounds* or Discipline *takes out a whip*

So, do we think Janet will experience some kind of Renaissance after the Justin Timberlake apology?

She hasn't exactly done a bang-up job of giving people a reason to still give a fuck about her.

Maybe Ms. @Jark can let us know if there has been an impact on streaming etc. I don't think she's too fussed about a renaissance per se, nor should she, she's had about forty hits and I'm sure the royalties are still coming in.

She keeps posting videos while wearing a mask. Why if there’s no one else around?

She also sounds a bit short of breath here so hope she’s not unwell.

I thought she had Black Diamond in the van but was waiting for the tour. Also wasn’t she going to have some behind the scenes Netflix series at one point about the making of the album?

last I read the Netflix thing is off.

Black Diamond was allegedly coming in 2019 so I'm not sure we can blame miss covid for that.

I have to give it to Janet and co, she's in full rebuilding mode. And she uses the internet very effectively, same as Mimi. For instance knowing that it's all about 80s nostalgia since Stranger Things. The visuals in this video are excellent and would certainly give anybody who wasn't around in 1986 the impression that Control was extremely seminal.

kIhN27V.png

ayhZYHe.png

Reactions: dUb
This is well overdue. Can't wait!

New Documentary Will Examine Janet Jackson's 2004 Super Bowl Incident​

The producers behind Framing Britney Spears will return with a new in-depth look at the controversy behind this on-air mishap.
Since its premiere, the revelations unearthed in Framing Britney Spears captivated viewers, forcing many to reckon with the singer's mistreatment by the press, the public, and certain individuals. Now, according to Page Six, the documentary's producers Left/Right TV have taken up a new project spotlighting Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake's 2004 Super Bowl Halftime Show incident. Like the Spears project, producers are working with the New York Times to air the piece on FX and Hulu.
For those who don't remember, while performing a relatively provocative song together on stage, Timberlake was alleged supposed to pull away part of Jackson's shirt to reveal her bra. However, due to a "wardrobe malfunction," he actually exposed her entire breast on live television. Following this, Jackson was forced to make several public apologies and has never been asked to perform at the Halftime Show again, while Timberlake was not forced to suffer the same consequences. Many would argue that Jackson's career never truly recovered from the scandal, while Timberlake's was only elevated. "It’s going to be all about the fallout and the suits who fucked over Janet [at] Viacom," says a source at Page Six. “They’re reaching out to everyone who was involved: dancers, stylists, directors. Everyone."
Timberlake was also a main player in the Spears documentary as he dated the popstar during the late '90s and early '00s. After viewing the documentary, social media users called him out over his sexist treatment of his ex-girlfriend, saying he allowed her downfall to uplift his burgeoning solo career, prompting a number of comparisons made between his treatment of Spears and how he handled the incident with Jackson. He subsequently apologized to both women on Instagram.

The only thing I hope they find is that clip of Justin coming off stage at the Super Bowl and quipping to a camera some jokey comment like "We're showing the people what they want to see" or something like that. It happened and contradicts all of the forced apologies they both had to make at the time about it being an accident, but the footage was never repeated. They should really juxtapose it with similar incidents that have happened on other live shows around the world with other women and how it was never treated as anything other than something quite funny.

Just reading up on the docu. I actually hope she's up for being interviewed for it as this could be a great moment (although having not seen the Britney one I'm unsure of the calibre).

Did Made For Now FLOP? I don’t know why she didn’t follow it up as it was everything I would have wanted from Janet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom