Jark presents JARKPOP: Lady Gaga's 30 Greatest Songs... So Far

k babes whatevs

tenor.gif

well, @COB, because I DO love you (and everybody deserves a little false hope on their birthday)...

21 · Replay · from "Chromatica"

Jark21Replay.png

Every single day, yeah I dig a grave
Then I sit inside it, wondering if I'll behave

Another one bites the dust from Chromatica. Replay really builds into a bit of an atomic bomb of neurotic energy. The verses tick along sedately enough (the lyrics being the highlight there - like a few tracks on the album, Replay has some quite darkly personal lyrics about her mental health struggles wrapped up so neatly in catchy little hooks that they almost don't register at first), building into a chorus which has the kinetic feel of a DJ moving the needle to continually rewind the track. All of this is VERY NICE but it's not until the two minute mark that Replay really FLASHES ITS TITS, launching headfirst into a total TSUNAMI of a middle 8 which has a massive dose of urgency rarely heard on this record (it also has one of my favourite lyrical tongue twisters on Chromatica - "psychologically, it's something that I can't explain / scratch my nails into the dirt to pull me out of pain"). Gaga shrieking "you had the gun, you HAD the gun, you HAD THE GUN!, YOU HAD THE GUUUUUUN!" like a banshee emerging from a particularly traumatic K-hole with a new sense of clarity, and barrelling back into that final chorus having taken a vow to leave no scalp unscorched is quite simply *chef's kiss*. Your monsters torture MAY indeed.

the gifs in this thread :D

Anyway my favourite Gaga songs are You & I, Before I Cry and Chillin, so yeah, I'm not expecting much alignment here. But I'm here for the ride.

we should start cancelling members who pull shit like this.

:D

I'm not done, we're just on hiatus. resuming when Chromatica promo kicks off again. :disco:

tschüss bitch!!!

I mean I’m not being funny but you’re obviously profoundly sick and wicked :(

Who could possibly resist this grubby work of wonder in miserable old E Minor, not to mention that heart-jolting ascending chord progression in the chorus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom