THIS CITY IS MINE
- May 2, 2004
we have a video by the way!
This post gave me an anxiety attack.In NO PARTICULAR ORDER
- When the Eye of the Tiger guitar comes in at 0:17 - a truly SUPERB "OH SHIT TURN DOWN THE TELLY SOMETHING'S HAPPENING" clarion call
- The first oooooo-wooo-OOOH! at 1:14 *dies of melodrama*
- 1:37 - ...I wanna get LOST in LOVE diVIIIIne... - SULTRY! SENSUOUS! TAILOR-MADE for a moment of LIGHTLY CARESSING YOUR LEGS towards THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF YOUR VAGINA! ('love divine' is a METAPHOR it's a METAPHOR FOR SEX)
- The ROAR of a SCORNED WOMAN at 2:25 when Jessie J contemplates how much she REALLY WANTS LOVE/steps on a bit of Lego
- Really it can't bear being repeated enough THE KEY CHANGE THE FUCKING KEY CHANGE
- 2:44, when Jessie J's yodels of grief BRIEFLY THREATEN to turn into BLACK BOX - RIDE ON TIME
- The ENDING STRING MOTIF at 3:08 that reveals the ENTIRE THING was in fact a SHORT PLAY and now EVERY CHARACTER IS DEAD! ()
(Okay I LIED ALL OF THAT WAS ACTUALLY IN A PARTICULAR ORDER IT WAS THE ORDER IT ALL HAPPENED IN THE SONG)
I gave in and saved on Spotify today.
It would be even better with the track turned up a bitsy and Jessica dialled down.