Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? (Platinum Pleasure Edition)

OMG at the Primavera 2nd weekend line-up

Jessie
Jorja Smith
Megan Thee Stallion
Tame Impala
Angèle
Lorde
Massive Attack
Dua Lipa
Bicep
A. G. Cook
M.I.A.
Celeste
Sky Ferreira
King Princess
Danny L. Harle
Special Request
Metronomy
Charli XCX

(and, for @wurst, Ashnikko)

GAY FEVER DREAM. I HAVE TO GO.

oh fuck off with that list! Where do I sign up?

Screaming at Dua Lipa being midway down the list though

“local act”

She’s right where she SHOULD BE!

(jokes before the gay pitchforks come out)

Can I be insufferable in say nothing will top the last line up of Robyn, Janelle, Miley and Carly one after another?

DECEASED.

Carly?

I don’t know her!
giphy.gif

just got my Primavera tix in addition to Leeds WYP Tour so I may be seeing the queen of sultry pop TWICE in the next year :disco:

the shade of this being lower than King fucking Princess on NMF.

at first the way the production drops out for the chorus is slightly disarming, like Dua's Break My Heart. but the layers build when it appears next time. it's REALLY ADDICTIVE. Please is still better obv.

somebody give SG a KNIGHTHOOD for services to GAYS.

This is really good but the chorus vocals are a little full-on, almost - I think my favorite tracks of this entire project are the ones where her voice blends and mixes with the music effortlessly, like an extra layer. Hot'n'Heavy verses > Hot'n'Heavy chorus. But still, a very nice addition and could be lots of fun live.

Oh shit this is amazing.

We deserve her and are not worthy all at the same time .

Top 20 on iTunes on the back of that.

#1 on the singles chart next week CONFIRMED!!!!1!!

The new song Hot n Heavy is also good.

can someone explain this Primavera festival to me. It looks so good but it’s been pushed back to 2022, right?

I just love her so so much.

There‘s just very few artists who are SO in touch with what their fans want. She’s an angel.

Also what a QUEEN releasing a book, album and giving us some choreo while heavily pregnant. We truly do not deserve her.

SHE IS SO LEGENDARY.

The PERF using a 2:27 edit of the song is a hate crime though!

That edit is quite brutal, she was was fabulous though. The One Show seem to limit the time of the musical performances quite a lot, you would think they could find an extra minute with all the other fluff they have on there.

Yes! Am not around in the evening but a little daytime syncette might be just the ticket for a sunny Friday afternoon.

Garbage, Marina and Slayyyter are all out that same day as well. MID-YEAR CHRISTMAS :disco:

I cant do that late sadly :( and I figured most people will be doing after work drinks or similar around that time

A SIGNED COPY of her new book arrived yesterday :D I ordered it in February and completely forgot about it.
Anyway, it's VERY much geared to her podcast/yummy mummy crowd rather than the DISCO DIVAS of What's Your Pleasure. It's very nicely written and conversational and an easy Summer read...the content is just not particularly interesting though :D Lots of anecdotes vaguely related to food or drink that don't really amount to much :D

Will probably return once I've finished it (it's not very long). SORRY JESSIE LOVE YOU!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom