Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? (Platinum Pleasure Edition)

I love all my sons

unexpected Nicki Minaj moment.

already taking it back, this is excellence. she and James Ford really fundamentally understand groove and the importance of a fat bassline in disco music. we love to see it.

11 Please
09 Impossible

So Eyes Closed is good but a bit more in the WISHY WASHY territory that I'm less fond of. It's very disco and I think people on here will love it

Eyes Closed sounds a bit like you're hearing it playing on the dancefloor from the club toilets. she's going full gay disco commander with those spoken word bits :disco: loving the wiggly synthlines!

I would describe Please as a sophisticated glass of white wine on a terrace which gets a little out of hand when your friend returns from safari in a large hat with a 2L bottle of cava and tells you about a party that's happening later so you immediately drop your plans to write something for cunning linguists and commence the sesh :disco:
How specific

Overtime is still probably my joint fave Jessie track - it just BANGS and SCALPS! religiously!

the definition of a sultry gem... but make it for the clubs. by the end you're just DROWNING in the filth of it all.

08 Eyes Closed
11 Overtime

Hot n Heavy is truly fabulous. for someone who clearly loves a good ballad, it's pretty incredible how she's devoted herself to the Gay Agenda and gone full DISCO DIVA. that's an ally.

apparently the tour will have a proper club feel, I can't wait. I'm expecting something like the laser disco segment of every Kylie tour.

Hot n Heavy is truly fabulous. for someone who clearly loves a good ballad, it's pretty incredible how she's devoted herself to the Gay Agenda and gone full DISCO DIVA. that's an ally.

apparently the tour will have a proper club feel, I can't wait. I'm expecting something like the laser disco segment of every Kylie tour.
Will it? OMG. I'm so excited!

Pale Blue Light is another that didn't jump out too much on first play but is ENVELOPING ME in its LOVING GLOW this time :disco:

so 80s. could be pure cheese with the choir but somehow she nails it.

10 Hot n Heavy
09 Pale Blue Light

0208 is the only one I don't really connect with at all yet. it's cute, but Kindness has basically given her a Robyn instrumental and it doesn't fit the retro vibe whatsoever. Pale Blue Light would make a better closer.

10 Please
09 Impossible
08 Eyes Closed
08 Overtime
11 Hot N Heavy
07 Pale Blue Light
08 0208

I suspect the BALLADS need a bit of bedding in time. I really enjoyed it all!

Apparently it wasn't possible at 6pm as everyone would be having post work drinks.

The logic EVADES me!
yes how absurd to imagine that at 6pm on a hot and sunny Friday night in June many of us won't be home on our computers. what was I thinking.

On first listen

19 Please
10 Impossible
10 Eyes Closed
36 Overtime
99 Hot N Heavy
25675 Pale Blue Light
07 0208

she’s like, fuck your rating system, I’ll create my own.

I’m going in for the full play through now whilst in the bath (already listened to the new additions this morning) it really is a glorious album. I’m glad it’s taken off somewhat for her, keep in this lane Jessie!

I like it all, but it will need a few more listens to really bed in I think. I'm a bit obsessed with Pale Blue Light and 0208 after 2 plays.

I’m going in for the full play through now whilst in the bath (already listened to the new additions this morning) it really is a glorious album. I’m glad it’s taken off somewhat for her, keep in this lane Jessie!
she's already discussing album 5 - says it's 90% written (presumably with James Ford and Shungudzo again), will be produced soon and could be out before the festivals in summer '22. still uptempo but "more electronic" apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom