Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? (Platinum Pleasure Edition)

Impossible is like the sibling of the title track giving in to gay abandon. My favourite of the unheard ones so far. Overtime fits so well here and Pale Blue Light is the pick of the closing wind down suite.

Not to question Jessie's wisdom, but although it isn't completely out of place I do wonder about the lonely remix at the end; wouldn't you have a few or none at all?

Main album is much smoother and more soulful than Moopy had led me to expect; definite disco roots but it feels more like the soundtrack for the 3am speakeasy after Studio 54 rather than for the main event. But the second disc is already noticeably at a higher tempo and it's very effective. Impossible really stands out.

very obsessed with the last dance at prom fantasy of Pale Blue Light. that electric guitar!

Eyes Closed is also in bloom.

coming for that third week top 10 and eventual silver certification :disco:

For a re-release that is pretty amazing, even if you would think it might drop over the week faster than proper new releases.

I see she has a US spot on Jimmy Fallon tonight doing Remember Where You Are too.

I would prefer Please but I'll take it! she probably pre-filmed this and other perfs a while ago. heavily pregnant promo queen!

For the US audience I think Remember is probably the right choice. Hopefully it will be as stunning as the Graham Norton one.

And Overtime's 'NAGGY' chorus. Also Jessie immediately checking just who he meant was Queen of Disco :D

I really do get the impression she knows this is her moment and is determined to cement her legend status with teh gayz. the work ethic! she might even start getting the GP on board at this rate.

Nearly three quarters silver, then. Let's see if she can sneak another week on the chart again.

DO YOU KNOW I can't really get into Impossible. I mean I like it, but she sets the bar too high. The previous two stompers from TPPE were just insanely good.

The torchlight anthem Pale Blue Light on the other hand... :o :disco: she's making trying to have a Jessie Top 10 all the more difficult!

If there weren't 50 odd albums from 20, 30, 40 years ago hanging around the album charts, that would never happen.

They need to overhaul the charts. They don't mean anything any more.

Oh we definitely need a catalogue album chart. But hopefully not before Abba Gold gets its 1000th week on the chart in two weeks.

DO YOU KNOW I can't really get into Impossible. I mean I like it, but she sets the bar too high. The previous two stompers from TPPE were just insanely good.

The torchlight anthem Pale Blue Light on the other hand... :o :disco: she's making trying to have a Jessie Top 10 all the more difficult!
Impossible is a bit of a see-through attempt to remake the title track, right down to the metallic/industrial synths which fire off here and there. but it's too chaotic and demo-ish and the melody isn't that great. it's easily my least favourite thing from the whole project (but still a solid 7/10! ugh her talent!)

Impossible is a bit of a see-through attempt to remake the title track, right down to the metallic/industrial synths which fire off here and there. but it's too chaotic and demo-ish and the melody isn't that great. it's easily my least favourite thing from the whole project (but still a solid 7/10! ugh her talent!)

yes it definitely reminded me of the title track as well, but with a much less memorable melody.

Never mind that actually - something tell me this is going to go down well here :o

good fucking GOD.

I've been waiting for a remix of Please but that is beyond my wildest dreams :D

David Jackson said "how do I turn up the GAY by TEN THOUSAND" :disco:

She truly caters for the gays from the cradle to the grave, doesn't she? :disco:

Last edited:
me too @Iguana! I've been playing Platinum Pleasure on the daily. impromptu JARKETTE RANK of all 20 tracks!

01 What's Your Pleasure?
02 Overtime
03 The Kill
04 Soul Control
05 Please
06 Remember Where You Are
07 Save a Kiss
08 Pale Blue Light
09 In Your Eyes
10 Hot N Heavy
11 Adore You
12 Ooh La La
13 Spotlight
14 Read My Lips
15 Eyes Closed
16 Step Into My Life
17 Mirage (Don't Stop)
18 Impossible
19 Adore You (Endless Remix)
20 0208

at least 12 of these songs are HARD 10s! who the fuck does she think she is? :disco: I'm stanning Ms. Jessica like I was stanning KYLIE ANN in OH ONE and OH EIGHT!

Oh God the thought of ranking these songs. I’d need therapy after being forced to place Save A Kiss about 9th because of the CLASSICS that come before it!

definitely an early contender for album of the decade.

me too @Iguana! I've been playing Platinum Pleasure on the daily. impromptu JARKETTE RANK of all 20 tracks!

01 What's Your Pleasure?
02 Overtime
03 The Kill
04 Soul Control
05 Please
06 Remember Where You Are
07 Save a Kiss
08 Pale Blue Light
09 In Your Eyes
10 Hot N Heavy
11 Adore You
12 Ooh La La
13 Spotlight
14 Read My Lips
15 Eyes Closed
16 Step Into My Life
17 Mirage (Don't Stop)
18 Impossible
19 Adore You (Endless Remix)
20 0208

at least 12 of these songs are HARD 10s! who the fuck does she think she is? :disco: I'm stanning Ms. Jessica like I was stanning KYLIE ANN in OH ONE and OH EIGHT!
0208 LAST???

it's a bit drowsy hun! in my head Pale Blue Light is THE CLOSER.

the Ross From Friends remix is so transformative it's basically a new song. sounds a bit Devotion almost :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom