Jesy Nelson's solo career - BOYZ ft. Nicki Minaj out now + not very good + problematic + unimpressed label + DROPPED + Bad Thing + now white

I think this whole thing will

• Total voters
#185 on iTunes as well. I know it has minimal impact, but that’s not exactly good.

Metro reporting rumours that Little Mix are calling it a day after their tour next year with the announcement coming this week. That would be...convenient/inconvenient, depending on who you ask...

#185 on iTunes as well. I know it has minimal impact, but that’s not exactly good.

So weird it sort of held up for most of the week and NOW it collapses

It’s not like it was pre and post disaster because it’s been a disaster from the jump!

I don’t know where to go with such a toxic debut, and I mean toxic in a PR sense and also chemically toxic because of the creosote

Metro reporting rumours that Little Mix are calling it a day after their tour next year with the announcement coming this week. That would be...convenient/inconvenient, depending on who you ask...

I would say INEVITABLE.

It's still #17 in the UK on iTunes. The fall there seems to be slow but consistent.

do we put much stock in these articles?

I kinda think they'll continue a while. they seem happier as a trio. obviously a GH is a good moment to leave it on, and they just had babies so some time off is inevitable, but I don't see them abandoning things while they're still so popular and seemingly enjoying what they do.

I really enjoy them and am happy for them to continue, and they seem happy. So I hope they do.

But they’ve barely had a break in ten years so taking a year off or so would be fair enough. Whether they recapture their audience when they return is another thing but I guess it wouldn’t really matter anyway.

Really? How interesting. I thought after Jesy quitting, Perrie and Leigh-Anne both having children and the rush releases of a good few singles one after the other it always seemed like they didn’t have long left. All that as well as the fact they have been on the road for the last 10 years pretty much consecutively I would have thought a Greatest Hits and an EXTENDED BREAK was exactly where they were going next.

I've not paid much attention to the Bubbling Under chart since eyeing up chart positions of Cyndi Lauper, what a blast from the past.

I thought for a second she’d had a new entry at 13, then I reread it

:basil:

The Graham Norton appearance is confirmed at some point this month apparently.

kim kardashian GIF

Back up to #11 on iTunes, and #43 on Spotify.

They have reduced the price on iTunes, so perhaps they are trying to make it stick around ahead of a Graham Norton performance?

I don’t know what annoys me more, the sheer desperation of the campaign or the fact that it’s working

I guess the closest comparison in post-Spotify chart terms would be how the One Direction boys performed with their debut releases, and even useless old Louis managed a month in the top ten with his first single.

The spotify climb over the last couple of days is largely due to a lot of old Adele tracks forcing everything down over the weekend; many of those have fallen below it again now, so it's finding its equilibrium again - I don't think it's really 'climbing' as such.

And on iTunes I'd attribute it solely to the price cut. It always amazes me that people suddenly decide to buy something just because it's 30p cheaper or whatever, but it works.

Last edited:
I don’t know what annoys me more, the sheer desperation of the campaign or the fact that it’s working
is it really working? she's a laughing stock, the press is piling on and the song will almost def never bother the top 20 again.

is it really working? she's a laughing stock, the press is piling on and the song will almost def never bother the top 20 again.

Right now, any publicity is good publicity…

As has been mentioned it might be damaging long term, we’ll have to see. People are fickle though, if she come back with a great second single they’ll soon forget about this drama

As has been mentioned it might be damaging long term, we’ll have to see. People are fickle though, if she come back with a great second single they’ll soon forget about this drama
I think a lot depends on how they play this single out. It feels to me that the damage could be irrevocable if they plough on regardless.

They really should ditch it and move on.

And make sure the next single is neither a "fuck you all, I'm amazing" track nor a "poor me, I am/was treated so badly by everyone" track as both of those will feed the flames.

Billboard

While the world devours the newest release from a certain divorced British torch singer, another U.K. export enters the global charts. Jesy Nelson arrives at No. 86 on the Billboard Global 200 and at No. 96 on the Billboard Global Excl. U.S. tally with her debut solo single, "Boyz," featuring Nicki Minaj.

Following its Oct. 8 release, the duet from "the U.K. baddie and the Barbie" scored 7.6 million streams and sold 13,700 downloads around the world in the week ending Oct. 14, according to MRC Data. It's the first solo chart entry for Nelson, whose former group Little Mix has logged four hits on the global charts, including "Heartbreak Anthem" with Galantis and David Guetta (No. 52 on the Global 200 in July); Nelson departed the act in late 2020.

13.7k downloads globally really does show how actual sales are down the toilet, doesn't it, considering how it did really well initially. I didn't see a breakdown of sales/streams in the UK, but I'd imagine at least half of those sales were from here alone.

Is she really going to drop single #2 on 12th November, the day the Little Mix GH is released? :eyes:

THE PERF should be any minute on BBC1, cringe fans.

Sadly/thankfully Obama only appeared by video link so he wasn't in the room to witness the worst thing to happen to black culture since Trump got elected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom