Jesy Nelson's solo career - BOYZ ft. Nicki Minaj out now + not very good + problematic + unimpressed label + DROPPED + Bad Thing + now white

I think this whole thing will

• Total voters
It's more a reflection on how much of an equation the chart is now, in terms of how it breaks down with sales/streaming. I don't imagine she's that close to #1 on sales, given she was only briefly #1 on iTunes, and on Spotify she's spent most of the week around the teens.

I guess it's possible she performed better on other sales/streaming platforms, but I suspect her final chart placement (if it is #3 or #4, as seems likely) will be slightly flattering.

Someone had to take her side. I was reading a theory the other day that the whole Flat Earth Society thing started off at a debate club, where people would try and debate really obviously false stuff, and then it grew out of a joke from there. This is moopys version of that.

Gutted I've missed her :evil:

PXL_20211015_122205987.MP.jpg

Hang on, she was #3 on the midweeks?!?! Or just iTunes and we are pretending that means anything?

She was midweek #4 (according the Official Chart ‘Update’). I think she was #3 in the early updates.

Radio 1 were always going to support her out the gate, regardless of what the song even sounded like.
It's how LONG it will stay on the playlist that's the more interesting thing to look at :eyes:

That they haven't stuck it straight on the A-List alone says QUITE A LOT :D

Oh so it’s curiosity playlisting. To go with the curiosity streams?

Or maybe it’s just a hit

Radio 1 can't be seen to be snubbing Jesy Nelson's first solo single :D That would be quite a shocking thing for them to do.

You say that but it's quite an achievement she wasn't bunged on the PLAYLIST-POISON HAG PILE with the other women in their thirties.

If you ignore everything that's happened this last week, what a nice result :)

Should've just released "I Can't Believe It's Not 'Beautiful by Christina Aguilera'" FFS

The review from NPR is savage

Blackfishing aside, there's a reason Jesy Nelson isn't a household name, our critic writes. With toothless lyrics and vocals reminiscent of a bad Camilla Cabello impression, she commits the cardinal solo career sin — being boring.

Well I hope they’re all very pleased with themselves, what a debacle of a single campaign done in the most grotty 2001 way

I assume the plans for single two and the album are being rapidly amended :D

Tearful non-apology (of the "I'm sorry if anyone took offence") on This Morning and paid for rubbish in the tabloids ("Jesy finds cure for COVID whilst pledging to fund the NHS for 10 years") COMING UP

She’s supposed to be on Graham Norton in a couple of weeks. Might be best to choose another song.

Is it recorded close to the date it's aired? I wouldn't be surprised if she pulls out/is cancelled (not that one).

#19 in the first midweeks

Surely they must be preparing a different song if the Graham Norton performance goes ahead.

doesn't that exclude a day's streaming as well? she's #45 on Spotify. she's fucked!

Are they likely to have anything else lined up yet?

They must be considering cancelling the performance and attempting to relaunch her in the new year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom