Just a Notion (3rd single)

Is it still allegedly or has there been confirmation yet?

I wish they’d do a steps cover

Hmmm which Steps original song would suit ABBA the most? Bonus points for not choosing one of the blatant ripoffs like After the Love has gone

It's confirmed for Friday. Another CD single, presumably just one track again.

unnamed-1.png

Makes sense as I was just having an MDNA reappraisal with about 13 internet gays last month. BRAVA ABBA! :disco:

Ooh it just downloaded, just gone midnight here bitchizzz

It’s… alright? Feels like it came off one of the early albums in a nice enough but 🤷‍♂️ kind of way

It's originally from 1978, so kind of mid era Abba - but I agree it sounds (well, the original - I've not heard the new version yet) a bit earlier. And not in the best way.

Reactions: Zu
It’s VERY on the cheesy side… almost too much so at first but then I just went with it.

I get why it wasn’t originally released, as it sounds like early ABBA at a point when they were trying to be a bit more sophisticated, but I guess they figured after 40 years it doesn’t really matter?

I’m guessing it’s been chosen as a single because it’s what people want from them…

Oh also I was thinking it now sounds basically like a Benny Anderssons Orkester track, and people who have seen the credits have confirmed that a few of those musicians are on this, so that figures.

I absolutely detest it. What on earth are they thinking, and why didn't someone tell Benny to keep his paws out of the poubelle? It's like someone sloshing a loose turd all over the elegance of the first two songs. Luckily I prepared myself for this moment by having low expectations to start with :disco:

Still I'm sure ABBA loons everywhere will be forcing themselves to like it. That twat with whom I went to those frightening ABBA Talk events said, "It's not my favourite" :)

It is going to make my “they aren’t just hen party fodder you know” line of defence a little trickier to pull off…

I’m guessing it’s been chosen as a single because it’s what people want from them…
:D at "people"

But WHO? It's BARELY A B-SIDE!

Anyway I am going to pretend it isn't happening :)

Reactions: Hak
Still I'm sure ABBA loons everywhere will be forcing themselves to like it. That twat with whom I went to those frightening ABBA Talk events said, "It's not my favourite" :)
let them BE you cruel MATRON :D

Is it confirmed that it is the original vocal throughout the song?

Is it confirmed that it is the original vocal throughout the song?
According to my loon source, YES

THE LIBERTY OF IT ALL

What happened to "We have much wonderful time in studio with girls and feel compel to write and record much new songs"?

According to my loon source, YES

THE LIBERTY OF IT ALL

What happened to "We have much wonderful time in studio with girls and feel compel to write and record much new songs"?
It does make you wonder how up for it Agnetha and Frida were, given they haven't done any promo (well, ignoring Agnetha accidentally answering the phone to a Stockholm radio station), and Bjorn not having a hand in the production side for the first time.

Reactions: Zu
Apparently Björn has made it clear that NO ALBAM PRE-ORDERS CAN BE CANCELLED on the official site

I'll just pop it in the bin when it arrives then :)

God only knows what 'Bumblebee' and 'Don't Put Your Fist Up Suzi' OR WHATEVER IT'S CALLED are going to be like if THIS was regarded as the next best thing to release

Anyway that's my last word on the matter :tongueout:

Reactions: COB
God only knows what 'Bumblebee' and 'Don't Put Your Fist Up Suzi' OR WHATEVER IT'S CALLED are going to be like if THIS was regarded as the next best thing to release

Anyway that's my last word on the matter :)

Maybe maybe the fan reaction was too positive to the few singles and they were worried the album would be disappointing, so they’ve slung out this to make the album look better in the end :)

To misquote the BIONIC madam herself, maybe this is too behind the times for SOME PEOPLE.

I'm quite looking forward to Mr L contorting himself with agony if it is a bit shit. Although he'll never admit it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom