Just Another Manic Monday

RJN

lost all chats
Pronouns
he/him
I just woke up and no daily thread??

Anyway, the roads here are frozen, so my work is closed. Thank you ice

It’s snowpocalypse here today, the first 3 steps of our porch are gone and it’s still snowing.

I'm on my way to ilfracombe in Devon. I'm bored of the journey already.

I called my GP for a call back this morning because my finger is swollen and purple and I think I probably need antibiotics.

Still waiting.

I guess this is how I die :(
I had a similar incident last year. Its weird how much a finger can hurt. Thoughts and prayers

• Care
Reactions: GNL
I'm on my way to ilfracombe in Devon. I'm bored of the journey already.
I'm going to Ilfracombe in February for a few days.

If I remember it's not that nice. But significantly cheaper than Woolacombe or Croyde, which is where I really wanted to stay. But £250+ a night for a decent AirBnB in February can fuck right off.

The last time I went to Ilfracombe I was barely pubic and came home with the fourth Kids From Fame album :disco:

Apparently I was conceived in Ilfracombe, so you can both give thanks for my existence while you’re there :)
You're brave to admit that. Just say it was the North Devon coast and let people imagine it was Clovelly or somewhere a lot more picturesque.

I'm going to Ilfracombe in February for a few days.

If I remember it's not that nice. But significantly cheaper than Woolacombe or Croyde, which is where I really wanted to stay. But £250+ a night for a decent AirBnB in February can fuck right off.
Ilfracombe very much closes down in the winter from what I can remember. As does most of Devon. But we're only here for the coastal walks and hot tubs.

Ilfracombe very much closes down in the winter from what I can remember. As does most of Devon. But we're only here for the coastal walks and hot tubs.
Yes, I think that's why I wanted to stay somewhere a little bigger (relatively, anyway), just so there would be a few pubs and cafes to choose from. We're hoping to do some coastal walks, weather permitting. Probably going west from Ilfracombe though. I really want to walk around Baggy Point at the very least.

Our apartment has a private hot tub, but I won't be using it.

We went Ilfracombe a few years ago, stayed in Woolacombe though. Gosh that was a long drive

We went Ilfracombe a few years ago, stayed in Woolacombe though. Gosh that was a long drive
I'm already over half way there though. Or at least by distance, probably not time.

Woolacombe is much nicer though, isn't it? Consistently voted one of the best beaches in Europe, although I don't remember there being much there as a child. Don't know if any of the North Devon surf money has made a difference in the last few years.

Yes, I think that's why I wanted to stay somewhere a little bigger (relatively, anyway), just so there would be a few pubs and cafes to choose from. We're hoping to do some coastal walks, weather permitting. Probably going west from Ilfracombe though. I really want to walk around Baggy Point at the very least.

Our apartment has a private hot tub, but I won't be using it.
Why won't you be using it :o we've already been in ours this morning.

There is some lovely walks around here.

Westward Ho! Is a fun place to visit, absolutely nothing there but a beach and a haunted house. But I love it

Why won't you be using it :o we've already been in ours this morning.

There is some lovely walks around here.
I don't like hot tubs particularly. I'll be bored in about 5 minutes.

I was unimpressed by Westward Ho! when I last went about 25 years ago. That '!' is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting.

Appledore is just inland from Westward Ho!, isn't it? On the estuary. I seem to remember that's a beautiful little place.

We might visit Appledore, I don't ever remember going.

We might visit Appledore, I don't ever remember going.
I've just tried Google mapping it to see how easy it is to walk from Westward Ho! to Appledore, but the route takes you slightly inland and on roads, which defeats the point of coastal walks.

I think you may be able to do it along the coast and offroad if you go via Greysands, which is the far end of WH! beach, and it looks like it should take perhaps 3 hours. Not sure about tides and safety though. I think I've got an old Ordnance Survey map somewhere, I ought to dig it out before we go.

DON'T DIE IN QUICKSAND, RACHEY :(

I've just tried Google mapping it to see how easy it is to walk from Westward Ho! to Appledore, but the route takes you slightly inland and on roads, which defeats the point of coastal walks.

I think you may be able to do it along the coast and offroad if you go via Greysands, which is the far end of WH! beach, and it looks like it should take perhaps 3 hours. Not sure about tides and safety though. I think I've got an old Ordnance Survey map somewhere, I ought to dig it out before we go.

DON'T DIE IN QUICKSAND, RACHEY :(
I'll get Mandy to kahmoot it. I've definitely done a very long walk from Westward Ho!

Mandy said we've walked from Westward Ho to Instow, she's said Instow is beautiful.

I'll get Mandy to kahmoot it. I've definitely done a very long walk from Westward Ho!

Mandy said we've walked from Westward Ho to Instow, she's said Instow is beautiful.
I'm not sure I've heard of Instow, but it looks like it's on the opposite side of the estuary to Appledore - I wonder if there's a ferry?

I may add Instow to our list. Not sure we'll have time though, and a lot will depend on the weather.

Looks like the ferry is June - October only. Arse.

Yeah we've found most things we want to do we can't because of the time of year. So we are now very much relying on ok weather for walking.
Bideford is cute if you have time to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom