Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've been meaning to explore this album for years. It popped up again recently as I've been working through early 90s stuff (again). She totally passed me by at the time, alas.

Lets all be honest: Constant Craving is THAT BITCH and always will be :disco:

GLx4.gif

She was brilliant when I saw her on the Ingenue 25 Tour in POOLE of all places

Last edited:
I really need to listen to the recently released Makeover album properly.

I do love this though, although it isn't on it.

I was hoping at the time for a Case/Lang/Veirs to support the album in 2016, but clearly the record was very much a one-off (and a spectacular one at that..)
I don't think I listened to this album more than once on its release. But decided to throw it on now.

What the fuck was I missing? It's BEAUTIFUL.

Also the ill-fated All You Can Eat ( :basil: ) album seems to get quite short shrift from her live sets and compilations these days, but I do have a real soft spot for If I Were You.

Something about the video is just so quintessentially mid-90s MTV2/videos you'd only ever see while channel hopping after midnight to me.

Craving.

AAAAAH HAAAAAA

CONSTRANT CRAVING

Imaginary early 90s mix tape:

Cannonball - The Breeders
Gigantic - The Pixies (I'm probably wrong about Kim, but she would have been a denim pin-up for sure)
Damn... I Wish I Was Your Lover - Sophie B. Hawkins
What's Going On - them
I Know - Dionne Farris
Constant Craving - kd
Shy - Ani Difranco

Last edited:
All You Can Eat has got some brilliant stuff on it, it's one of my favourite albums of hers: If I Were You, Maybe, Acquiesce (that exhortation of "acquiesce, acquiesce, ACQUIESCE ALL... in us" :disco:), Infinite And Unforeseen, I Want It All are all fantastic.

She's obviously happy in it (don't you just HATE it when that happens?) and was self-consciously trying to loose something of that Ingénue mood. The cover alone tells ALL :D

The production is great though and yes, the SONGS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom