Kate Bush - Before The Dawn (Live Album)

COB

BADモード
It isn't :( Slightly annoying, as I will buy it but can't until I'm paid. I have the feeling this is one of those strategic decisions to maximise sales, so it'll surely end up there sooner or later.

octophone

robo-bongo-cuckoo-cop
I'll be interested to see how well this actually sells. It is, ultimately a live album and neither of her last couple of studio efforts set the charts buzzing for any length of time.

Ryan

User
Well it was #1 yesterday possibly helped by The Weeknd's Physical being delayed until tomorrow.

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
Surely she is going to be massively frontloaded from advance orders. If she can hold top 3 at this time of year I'll be impressed.

VoR

Take it or leave it
Director's Cut managed to go Silver, and that strikes as a very 'fan only' sort of release, and at a similar price point. Hopefully the Christmas Gift market will at least allow BTD to match that.

Last edited:

Sharla

The Resistance
So is Kate a full blown Tory it just a fan of Theresa? I can't find the original quote in context.

VoR

Take it or leave it
http://www.macleans.ca/culture/arts/in-conversation-with-kate-bush/

Q: A track called “Waking the Witch”—which was released in 1985—was performed for Before The Dawn. You once said that the song was about “the fear of women’s power.” With regards to Hillary Clinton’s recent defeat, do you think that this fear is stronger than ever?

A: We have a female prime minister here in the UK. I actually really like her and think she’s wonderful. I think it’s the best thing that’s happened to us in a long time. She’s a very intelligent woman but I don’t see much to fear. I will say it is great to have a woman in charge of the country. She’s very sensible and I think that’s a good thing at this point in time.

Describing Theresa as 'wonderful' hurts my heart a little bit, but it's hardly a sign of full-blown Torydom.

Peekaboo

User
Minted middle-class South West England housewife in Tory NONSHOCK. I'd be very surprised if she wasn't PRO BREXIT.

VoR

Take it or leave it
Oh shush. Lest we forget she was once responsible for this (before he became a weird Nazi obsessive)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_Opl8t-Wahc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gangsta Nancy Lam

Slut's Spaghetti
Twitter's reaction is ridiculous. According to polls most people in the country think Theresa May is a safer set of hands than any of the other party leaders, but by all means, lets pretend that makes her a RIGHT WING MONSTER. She's spoken in support of the NHS before, written a song about noted sex machine Ken Livingstone, and in the same interview as the May comments also laments climate change, but there's no place for nuance in 2016.

Everyone knows the right way to be politically conscious is to pick a TEAM and then tweet angrily in all other directions.

Last edited:

Marilyn

User
I still haven't made it to the third disc of this because I can't stop listening to The Ninth Wave

Kate

mildly communist
Oh Kate :( Being a Morrissey fan I'm well used to my heroes LETTING ME DOWN with their DREADFUL OPINIONS though.

Kate

mildly communist
:D I thought you LIKED HIM THESE DAYS. Anyway I'm just saying, you become IMMUNE after a while :gross:

VoR

Take it or leave it
I do like Morrissey as a songwriter, but he's an awful cunt and Kate probably just chose her words poorly. :(

RobotBoy

BANG BANG
Twitter's reaction is ridiculous. According to polls most people in the country think Theresa May is a safer set of hands than any of the other party leaders, but by all means, lets pretend that makes her a RIGHT WING MONSTER. She's spoken in support of the NHS before, written a song about noted sex machine Ken Livingstone, and in the same interview as the May comments also laments climate change, but there's no place for nuance in 2016.

Everyone knows the right way to be politically conscious is to pick a TEAM and then tweet angrily in all other directions.

THIS THIS THIS

Breathe

User
I love Kate, but I find the sound quality a bit muffled on this. I really would have preferred a DVD.

Sharla

The Resistance

I found it quite funny that after the #stopfundinghate campaign espoused by so many, the moment THE SUN of all people turned a comment about Theresa May made her faith and C of Eness into "GOD WILL TELL ME WHAT TO DO ABOUT BREXIT" the world and their non-binary spouse couldn't wait to share it to show what a GOD BOTHERING NUTCASE she is.

But I still love Kate.

Last edited:

Peekaboo

User
I have a slight feeling Kate describes everything as "wonderful"

This made me laugh because it's probably TRUE :D

Kate's words reflect either a conviction Tory (which I DOUBT she is) or someone who is fairly disconnected from politics. In that sense you can see what she meant about Theresa May being a woman in power, 'getting the job done', etc. I really doubt politics is something that is either relevant or discussed much in her world of WATCHING DEVON SUNSETS and BAKING CAKES. She ain't no PJ Harvey and her work is very apolitical in that sense, at least in her output in the last 25 years or so.

If you read the rest of the interview, she totally WALKS STRAIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE :eyes: in other topics too like climate change.

Last edited:

VoR

Take it or leave it
The song she's described as "so embarrassing it makes me want to die?" Sure.

Last edited:

Peekaboo

User
There's only one embarrassing thing she's released and it only came out yesterday :zombie:

<3 to whoever wrote the Get out of my House tag.

octophone

robo-bongo-cuckoo-cop
Down to 3 behind Little Mix and that Michael Ball thingy.

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
Michael Ball and Alfie Boe? Obviously with Bublé's decision to cancel all promo, that's become the Christmas choice for the uninspired.

Still, nice to see Little Mix presumably still selling strongly.

VoR

Take it or leave it
Enters at #4, besting the #5 peak of 50 Words For Snow and becoming her twelfth consecutive top ten album.

#3 The Kick Inside (1978)
#6 Lionheart (1978)
#1 Never For Ever (1980)
#3 The Dreaming (1982)
#1 Hounds of Love (1985)
#1 The Whole Story (1986)
#2 The Sensual World (1989)
#2 The Red Shoes (1993)
#3 Aerial (2005)
#2 Director's Cut (2011)
#5 50 Words For Snow (2011)
#4 Before The Dawn (2016)

Last edited:

Marilyn

User
Queen of the charts :disco:

Fucking Lionheart peaking outside the top 5 and ruining everything

Breathe

User
Can't believe this is only #4 while shitty x-factor girl group are still at #1.

Marilyn

User
This story is doing the rounds at the moment saying that Coachella "turned down" hosting Kate's first ever US show:

http://p4k.in/B7wzROY

BUT, there's no indication she actually OFFERED to play (I really doubt she would) so I'd take that with a big grain of salt

Still, they're fuckwits to pass on even the idea of it

Marilyn

User
Maybe she could appear via satellite from her garden shed

"Hello everyone, wow, thank you, this is so lovely, just wonderful, what an audience, thank you" *switches off webcam*

jivafox

soberish
:D at the Theresa defenders above, they aged WELL.

Anyway, Kate is treating us to a lovely BOOK, of SELECTED LYRICS. :)

Zu 2

User
Very belatedly, I’m more than willing to overlook her silly Theresa May comments. Madame is stoned off her mimsy 24/7 and probably said it whilst in a washing machine trance :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom