Kate Bush - Before The Dawn (Live Album)

jivafox

soberish
A little Xmas message from Kate everybody :)

D72-C71-F5-AF82-45-D7-8-A23-A753290-BD070.jpg

Reactions: COB

Peekaboo

User
Considering it took her about THREE YEARS to publish a statement to clarify something she had said in passing in an interview people had long forgotten, I'm kind of surprised that MS BRITISH GARBO here is aware enough of REALITY to realise there's a pandemic going on. I would have guessed she'd be busy watching SUNSETS and putting CLOTHES in the WASHING MACHINE.

SLOSHY SLOSHY SLOSHY :disco:

Gangsta Nancy Lam

Slut's Spaghetti
Hmm sorry, I didn't like the way I breathed on that HUHmmmmHhUuuuHhbmmmm in Waking The Witch. STOP ALL PRODUCTION IMMEDIATELY

She's going to re-record it to match her VISION, she just needs to wait until they let Bertie out of lockdown in halls, or Rolf out of jail, whichever comes first.

Iguana

So throw the beauty on the fire
What are our views on whether Kate will ever release a new studio album?

She's never given an indication she will. In 2016, she said in an interview that she hadn't written a single song since 50 Words For Snow - and when the interviewer implied she was exaggerating, she made it very clear she wasn't.

I hope she's working away at something but it's a bit hard to know with her

Iguana

Her last projects were in 2018. She released the lyric book and the remasters of all the albums. I'm not sure how involved she was with these, but I think quite involved. She also did the pop up shop in late 2018 - but I doubt she was involved beyond maybe having the idea, choosing the merch and writing about it for her website. She certainly never turned up to it, lazy cow.

So she's had a good 2 years now with no known projects on the go. Fingers crossed!

Gangsta Nancy Lam

Slut's Spaghetti
I imagine she'll probably put out another studio album eventually, although i doubt she's in any great rush.

Diddy

Rice Queen
Just catching up on this, the whole residency passed me since I’d already left the UK (though I heard about it)

Particularly drawn to the Sky of Honey segment because I stan so hard darling.

I’d love to SEE it, because I didn’t think the live album really added a great deal to it. Except Tawny Moon which I LIKE even though he sounds a bit like Jools Holland.

Listening to it on the way back from a mountain town through sunset to twilight has been quite delicious - but I’d have felt like that with the studio album too.

I did see some video on Facebook that appeared to be the whole ninth wave but, that’s a bootleg surely? I need to sit down properly with it though

Tisch

WHO ARE YOU?
Just catching up on this, the whole residency passed me since I’d already left the UK (though I heard about it)

Particularly drawn to the Sky of Honey segment because I stan so hard darling.

I’d love to SEE it, because I didn’t think the live album really added a great deal to it. Except Tawny Moon which I LIKE even though he sounds a bit like Jools Holland.

Listening to it on the way back from a mountain town through sunset to twilight has been quite delicious - but I’d have felt like that with the studio album too.

I did see some video on Facebook that appeared to be the whole ninth wave but, that’s a bootleg surely? I need to sit down properly with it though
Yeah it was filmed professionally over several nights, but the DVD has been #comingsoon for 8 years. She obviously wasn't happy with it, so we got just the audio instead. :(

I haven't seen any videos of the concert itself as they were very strict about not filming/taking pictures, so if there is one it'll be a sneaky fan-made one. Do watch it if you can though! It'll be worth it. I actually preferred the Ninth Wave segment although it was all amazing amazing amazing.

Iguana

I've looked at that Ninth Wave segment on Youtube but the quality is poor and it's far away, so although nice to have some visual record of it, you don't really get any sense at all of what it was like to be there, unfortunately.

Diddy

Rice Queen
I've looked at that Ninth Wave segment on Youtube but the quality is poor and it's far away, so although nice to have some visual record of it, you don't really get any sense at all of what it was like to be there, unfortunately.

Can you sum it up for me in 3 words?

Peekaboo

User
I went to the concert and CONTROVERSIAL OPINION ALERT the whole of the Ninth Wave was a bit WEST END MUSICAL for me. The best bit was the recording of her lying motionless in a water tank with a life jacket on singing Hello Earth looking directly to the camera :disco: it was SPINE-TINGLING!

A Sky of Honey was better as a whole as it resembled more a traditional concert performance and there was an element of IMMENSE JOY to it, I think she was THRILLED that Bertie was performing which is fair enough.

The best bits for me of the whole thing was her just singing the songs STRAIGHT UP, particularly Among Angels which CLICKED with me at that very moment and of course Cloudbusting which was worth the £300 or whatever crazy money I paid for this ALONE :disco: :disco: :disco:

Diddy

Rice Queen
I think Ninth Wave is working better as an audio PIECE for me, even though the voice acting is CRINGE. The helicopter pilot’s dead eyed delivery in an otherwise quite THRILLING action sequence, and the family at home SKIT… what’s on the jellyvision? :)

Christian

GOOD BYE!
I'd agree The Ninth Wave was the weakest section and I LOVE it on record. That said, it was beyond thrilling just to be there with whatever she was doing and at least it was trying something different. The searchlights across the audience and the roaring helicopter sound were my favourite bit.

A Sky Of Honey was just incredible though, from start to finish. The final swoop of the massive bird shadows at the end of Aerial was truly a moment BAR NONE.

Christian

GOOD BYE!
I was just thinking it would be nice to pop the Blu Ray on :evil:

What they filmed can't be THAT BAD surely. Maybe Bertie overwrote the memory card by accident.

Iguana

I didn't spoiler the setlist at all before I went to see it, so after The Ninth Wave, when the curtain came down for the interval and there was an absolutely fuckoff ginormous feather right across the fire curtain, I AUDIBLY gasped with glee

Christian

GOOD BYE!
I knew nothing either, bar that it was 3 acts. We had a 30 minute technical stop (and retreat to the bar) following the first section and I was half convinced it was going to get cancelled for the night.

Marilyn

User
All I knew going in was that she didn't do Wuthering Heights, which, let's be honest, is common sense rather than a spoiler

Iguana

I knew nothing either, bar that it was 3 acts. We had a 30 minute technical stop (and retreat to the bar) following the first section and I was half convinced it was going to get cancelled for the night.
Ooh you may have been at the same show as us because we had the same thing! (I believe @COB was also there that night, too). I was so scared she had DIED backstage.

Marilyn

User
Ooh you may have been at the same show as us because we had the same thing! (I believe @COB was also there that night, too). I was so scared she had DIED backstage.

Would be kind of iconic to have been at the show where Kate Bush died backstage though :disco:

Christian

GOOD BYE!

Can you imagine? :D

"Tonight the role of Kate Bush will be played by BERTIE"

Wednesday 3 September was my date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom