Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)

Let's exchange the experience...

• Total voters
I didn't realise that Wuthering Heights, This Woman's Work and Babooshka have charted at the lower end of the itunes chart as well.

Well, involved in approving things :D

--

Meanwhile, the series creators, The Duffer Brothers, have been interviewed on a Netflix blog and reveal that Kate herself has been involved in viewing the scenes during production and approving the way her music is used, something the brothers are exceptionally grateful to her for.

Matt: “It has to be Kate Bush. What if Kate Bush doesn’t want it?” Because it wasn’t just licensing it, getting it to play once. It was like, “No, we need it a lot.” But she’s been awesome, and we’re sending her the scenes so she’s able to see how the music is used in the show. We keep going back because we keep wanting to put more Kate Bush in there.
There’s an epic Kate Bush moment in the finale [Episode 9] that we weren’t expecting, that we kind of discovered as we were editing.

Ross: We’re like, “What if we tried a little Kate Bush here?”

Matt: The sequence was really cool and we were happy with it, but it was missing a little something. And I was like, “Well, let’s try Kate. Because when has Kate let us down?” And it just took it to this new height. Then we had to go back to Kate Bush and just… [demonstrates praying] We sent her the scene and she was gracious enough to let us use her song one more time. She’s been amazing. It’s arguably the most epic Kate Bush moment. It comes back in a major way.

Lindsay Lohan Fainting GIF

The official upload of the Stranger Things scene currently at 1.3 million views (uploaded three days ago) :shock:

03/06/2022

URGENT

MEMO TO LGBTQIA COMMUNITY:
WE HAVE A REMIXED QUEEN OF POP IN TOWN FOR THE 2022 SEASON AND HER NAME IS

KATE BUSH

Elder gays it is your responsibility to spread the word and educate baby gays.

Now let's stream

I remember Running Up That Hill being used as a theme song for a children's drama back in the 80s.

I was just looking at the Spotify charts for the UK & USA. She's still number one and streaming way more than Harry Styles by quite a considerable and comfortable margin.

I'm glad this is popular right now for the original version, not a cover or remix.

I've heard some brilliant covers, but there's just no matching Big Kath's delivery. 'Unaware I'm tearing you asunder' and 'Tell me we both matter, don't we?' sound so potent in her version without her needing to over sing either of them.

Next stop: Hollyoaks to feature Experiment IV during the weekly death scene of Mercedes' latest beau so that it can get the recognition it deserves.

Reactions: GNL
#8 overall

#2 on sales, #2 on streaming

The charts are so confusing etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom