Kelis - Midnight Snacks + album 7

best Kelis album? discuss.

Tasty has several sweet moments (Sugar Honey Iced Tea anyone?) and a whole roster of iconic singles of course. I used to be a huge Kelis Was Here truther back in the day. the soulful/futuristic R&B moments on that record are so amazing. I don't revisit Flesh Tone much but think it put a pretty classy spin on EDM. Home remains :disco:

Reactions: RJN
1. Kaleidoscope
2. Flesh Tone
3. Tasty
4. Kelis Was Here
5. Wonderland
6. Food

but the top 4 are all great and I at least like all 6

here's a characteristically enthusiastic quote from the Lil Star chanteuse herself about the new-new

"I am doing music. I just shot a video, I'm very excited about that. So I have a song coming out very soon which means that an album is coming out also pretty soon."

I’d say Tasty is my fave but it’s the only album I know fully from start to finish so it’s an unfair assessment. The songs I do know from the other albums are all mostly top notch though, she had quite the run even though it felt a little stop start at times. When you line them up next to each other it’s very impressive; a greatest hits for example wills be very impressive looking

does this bitch think she can just release a new album after she fucks off for years to her farm where she obviously gets bored of playing vegan and gays will come rushing back to be fed?

YES, Yes she CAN :disco:

Maybe I need to listen to Food again. Its been years, but I remember it being disappointing

Food was disappointing. It just wasn’t very Kelis. Although I did like (not love) the two singles.

I'm a Tasty and Fleshtone fan, what a pair of albums. I own a copy of Wanderland I found at a bargain bin in some French music shop ages ago but I just found it kinda MEH.

Kaleidoscope is up there with Deee-Lite's World Clique and presented Kelis with the Neptunes as a unit worthy of Chic successor allegations. She's a discerning music-eccentric pop cannot afford to lose. Looking forward to this.

Lil' Star is a really cute, adorable song and I remember feeling quite surprised but very pleased when it became a UK hit. we were really here for Kelis.

Trinity, Appreciate Me, Lil' Star, Weekend, 'til the Wheels Fall Off, Living Proof... are all some kind of cosmic deluxe fever dream.

Appreciate Me is trascendental! the backing vox! her smoky low register! demand respect, queen!!!

Oh Jark, you've hit the Jarkpot with that description :disco:

Oh I LOVE it.

That video is LUXURY. I love how much she loves her food.

But OMG @ the psycho baby production :D!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom