Kylie - Disco (album 15)

Kylie has never been this sharp, funked so hard or scared so much shit out of the ABBA girls (if you discount all those mid 90s prank calls after she seen Serial Mom)

I do feel like she had 15 minutes before her first studio sessions and simply scribbled down these song titles to pretend she'd been hard a work prepping.

Anyone wanting to skim the cream of this album will be left with this one among the tier 1 Disco tracks that's for sure.

On an album eager to cram it all in, it does do a good job of massaging it all out. Unstoppable is a good example of the generic, transparent intentions and presenting it well. Not a show stopper, but it does slide its hand down your jeans and I'm not even going to pretend to clutch my pearls this time.

The swanky, abrasive attention grabbing textures have given way somewhat to a more straight forward song. Very Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel.

Fine Wine. Go on Kylie, get yourself on QVC and flog your wine with a perf of this for some double promo. The album's what the fine wine is this moment - very terrible, but I'd be lapping every second up if she does it on tour.

I may have flared my nostrils at this when I first heard it, but 2nd time is a charm and I'm living for this Q&A sesh. It's so sweet.

Spotlight is not quite the closer I was expecting. It shuffles at the same side of the dancefloor as Magic and that other one I already said was like it, but isn't quite as good.

sorb naturally works on a delay, doesn't he?

On an entirely unrelated note, how the fuck is Gary Barlow still selling in big numbers? Are they all supermarket sales or what??

This is what a 4th or 5th week in the top 10 for Disco? I think this can be considered a big success for Kylie. Top 10 entering December is pretty amazing for her. She had quite a few prominent positions in HMV yesterday.

I was hoping for Real Groove on Jonathan Ross, so very pleased with that.

Do we know if there is any more promo lined up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom