Kylie - Disco (album 15)

Well, Dancing has 32 million streaming to Say Something's 23 million. Obviously it's been available longer, but that's quite a gap to overcome.

Well, Dancing has 32 million streaming to Say Something's 23 million. Obviously it's been available longer, but that's quite a gap to overcome.

According to UKmix it took Dancing just under two years to get to 24.5m (the latest figure they have is Nov 20) and Say Something has done 23m in 14 months. And Say Something will get a boost from any reissue, so I imagine it will do it right enough.

And using the same periods, Disco has done 100.5m streams to Golden's 57.3m, so the album has done considerably better, and even more so if you omit the lead single.

Even if you accept Dancing as being bigger on streaming than Say Something, Disco has clearly performed better than Golden.

Last edited:
And I imagine the continued success of Dancing (in that it increased from 24.5m in November 20 to the 32m now VoR has quoted) is due to its inclusion on Step Back In Time far more than any streams of Golden - an advantage it clearly has over Say Something.

Nice to give Dance Floor Darling a TV outing before presumably moving onwards with the reissue lead single.

That discofied Head was glorious and safe to say is a tour arrangement in the bag if and when that occurs.

Apparently there is a 3CD/2DVD edition listed as well

FB_IMG_1633171386677.jpg

Really hoping this isn't fanwankery, as I'll be all over that.

It's legit. Speculation that there are ADDITIONAL songs in Infinite Disco.

I guess it could be music videos as well?

The French site has it listed for €30.99 which is cheaper than I expected.

And I really MUST REMEMBER only to buy THE ONE EDITION I'M ACTUALLY GOING TO PLAY when this goes on sale, and none of the other editions.

Nice to give Dance Floor Darling a TV outing before presumably moving onwards with the reissue lead single.

That discofied Head was glorious and safe to say is a tour arrangement in the bag if and when that occurs.

I feel she NEEDS to do Dance Floor Darling on a Sunday night Strictly show!

Good to have a date for this at last. Assuming we'll get the Dua Real Groove but hope Kylie doesn't scrimp with the new material on the second disc.

Two DVDs does seem a bit OTT, even allowing for extras... Infinite Disco was only an hour. Maybe one disc is a DVD and the other Blu-Ray? It will be nice to have anyway.

Is putting a DVD and a Blu-Ray of the same thing in one package commonplace? It would really annoy me to have both of them.

Is putting a DVD and a Blu-Ray of the same thing in one package commonplace? It would really annoy me to have both of them.

The book sets from the Bananarama reunion tour and Steps' last tour have DVDs and Blu-Rays. They were both released by LiveHereNow so don't know if that is specific to them.

That's really irritating. Who on earth is going to need both? Does it work out cheaper for the label than doing two separate versions?

So I’m loathe to purchase any physical (I’d rather a digital download) but that Blu-Ray best be 4K!

Rumoured Tracklisting (don't cancel me if fanfiction)

Disc 1 = Original DISCO album

Disc 2:
1. Kylie and Years & Years – A Second To Midnight
2. Kylie and Jessie Ware – Kiss Of Life
3. Kylie and Gloria Gaynor – Can’t Stop Writing Songs About You

4. Kylie and Dua Lipa (Studio 2054 Remix)
5. Say Something (Basement Jaxx Remix)
6. Say Something (F9 Remix)
7. Say Something (Syn Cole Extended Mix)
8. Magic (Purple Disco Machine Extended Mix)
9. Kylie and Dua Lipa – Real Groove (Studio 2054 Initial Talk Remix)
10. Dance Floor Darling (Linslee’s Electric Slide Remix)

Disc 3 - Infinite Disco CD :
1. Magic / Come into My World (Intro) (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)
2. I Love It (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)
3. In Your Eyes (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)
4. Light Years (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)
5. Supernova (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)
6. I Should Be So Lucky/Dance Floor Darling (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)
7. All the Lovers (with House Gospel Choir) (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)
8. Say Something (with House Gospel Choir) (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)
9. Real Groove (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)
10. Slow / Love to Love You Baby (Cover) (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)
11. Monday Blues (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)
12. Where Does the DJ Go? (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)
13. Love at First Sight (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)
14. Last Chance (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)
15. Magic (From the Infinite Disco Livestream)

Disc 4: Infinite Disco DVD
Disc 5: Infinite Disco Bluray

THREE new songs on a 5 disc reissue? Twas too much to hope for I suppose.

Also not here for another Olly Alexander hook up. Infinite Disco is the main motivating factor on this apart from Jessie. When did GG last release something?

That's really irritating. Who on earth is going to need both? Does it work out cheaper for the label than doing two separate versions?

It's fairly common now - the market is so small that doing two separate packages is too expensive and also has a bit of risk attached - you don't want to end up with half of the BluRay or DVD unsold given how had it is to predict which your audience will spring for.

Anyway, this looks pretty sexy - unless it's a daft price, I'll probs go for it.

It was quite common to get DVD/BR double packs for film releases for a while, wasn't it - I think the BR with digital download has overtaken that now, maybe?

I think I've been having pangs of guilt due to buying two dozen or whatever it is copies of a certain other anticipated release, but it seems a bit unethical environmentally to me to produce a disc and then force people to buy two when they only need one. Why would I choose to play the DVD when I can play the better quality Blu-Ray?

But then I guess if they produced separate versions, the loons would buy both/all anyway, so more waste again.

Three new songs and one unheard mix is just a little underwhelming but it is a neat wrap up of the Disco project. I trust that the Jessie collaboration will be suitably life giving and bringing in the (living) Queen of Disco is a nice touch. Good to have the Infinite Disco Say Something and Slow/Love to Love You Baby too.

I think I've been having pangs of guilt due to buying two dozen or whatever it is copies of a certain other anticipated release, but it seems a bit unethical environmentally to me to produce a disc and then force people to buy two when they only need one. Why would I choose to play the DVD when I can play the better quality Blu-Ray?

But then I guess if they produced separate versions, the loons would buy both/all anyway, so more waste again.

That's pretty much it - it actually works out less wasteful to do it like this, as counter-intuitive as it seems. A big part of the problem is that BluRay is demanded by a vocal area of the market but many people simply don't have BluRay players; it didn't get enough time to replace DVD before streaming came in as a preferred option. Choose one and you lose a chunk of your audience. Do both and you're accused of double dipping. Pop the whole lot in one package and it includes "unnecessary" content. The industry is over a barrel, really.

Am I misremembering or were there some nice tweets back and forth between Kylie and Gloria Gaynor when the standard album came out? It would be nice if that's where this collaboration came from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom